Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Good Companies, Bad Companies

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,598
    Given: 5,638

Good Companies, Bad Companies

Here is the set up for an ongoing list of companies that either stand strong behind 2A, or sneakily try to sabotage it.

Cite whatever you like, but you must state the case for your submission.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16,032
    Given: 24,617
    I'm going to have to start with MagPul - not only have they come out in support of 2A ... they are willing to pack up and move not just their operations but their employees too if CO enacts further gun control.

<MAD PROPS>

http://www.magpul.com/
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    A huge, humiliating thumbs down to Reed Exhibitions USA. They were hosting a huge outdoor/sportsmen expo in Harrisburg Pa, but chose to ban the black rifle. Everybody pulled out, and the show was cancelled.

Piss off, Reed Exhibitions.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...oycott-671934/

Thumbs Up
    A big F-U to Levi-Strauss, it's Wranglers for me.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wear...al-gun-control

Doug is currently out Dillinger's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 630
    Given: 438
    I am going to have to call for a vote on Cheaperthandirt as a "good" company. I was doing some online looking for 30 round mags last night, Cammenga, PMAGs, etc. I came across this link for "PMAG, 30 Rounds, IN STOCK"

Attachment 210

Yeah. In stock. For 7 times the average retail price before Sandy Hook! You will notice the writing in RED "This is for ONE magazine" :finger:

JD

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,595
    Given: 121
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    I am going to have to call for a vote on Cheaperthandirt as a "good" company. I was doing some online looking for 30 round mags last night, Cammenga, PMAGs, etc. I came across this link for "PMAG, 30 Rounds, IN STOCK"

Attachment 210

Yeah. In stock. For 7 times the average retail price before Sandy Hook! You will notice the writing in RED "This is for ONE magazine" :finger:

JD
    Greetings,

If you are in the market for PMAGS, let me direct you towards a very good company. DSG Arms. They have not changed the price of their magazines yet. And if I may make a recommendation: http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/MAG557-BLK.aspx Yes you can put them on back order, they won't charge your card until it ships, they don't have a limit I am aware of. Just ordered 20 back in January and the turn around time was 3 weeks. The M3 mags are the newest from MAGPUL and are awesome.

A little inside info. MAGPUL, another great company, put out a message that they were only going to work on black magazines until they take care of all the back orders due to the extra time it takes to change out the die to produce FDE and OD mags. I gambled on the fact that the company would be mass producing its newest magazine more than the Gen 1 or 2 as well. It paid off.

YMMV
    S/
    K

Thumbs Up
    Much Gratitude! I have placed an order with DSG as suggested and am getting Gen 3 versions for $15/per!!

A few of these will make good giveaways in the coming months.

JD

Thumbs Up

Attachment 210

JD
    See, I'm glad you brought this up.

I support Capitalism. If there's a demand for a product, I'm fine with you making a profit. But CTD has not only crossed the line into gouging, they've sodomized the line. Anybody else seeing this?

They also have some hokey multiple warehouse shipping thing, you need a scorecard to follow it.

I, for one, won't be doing business with them.

Thumbs Up
    although CTD is now refusing to do business with NY State ... they are still gouging the civilians ... 2 thumbs down and snap

you can give a big thumbs up for Spikes Tactical - http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/index.php

http://www.facebook.com/spikestactical?fref=ts

Updated Policy for State and Local Law Enforcement Agency Sales:

In light of the recent and numerous anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment laws pending across the Nation, Spike’s Tactical will be joining other manufacturers and distributors and limiting the business we do in states that have limited the right to keep and bear arms for their citizens.

As of today, it will be our policy not to sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies, government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We urge other companies to join in support.

<RESPECT>
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up

Attachment 210

JD
    Greetings,

With regards to Cheaper than Dirt, it seems to me they are trying to pay for their new add campaign as one of Glenn Becks sponsors. Heard him pimping them out on the radio the last couple weeks. Might write him a note when I get the chance.

S/
    K

Thumbs Up

Smith & Wesson... Good Company

Greetings,

From personal experience, I had called them up to get some flat dark earth base plates to replace the black ones I had on some cheaper M&P 40 magazines I had gotten from another distributor to match the ones on my VTAC. After I explained what I wanted and why, the sales rep said he would be sending me out that amount for free. In addition, for the last two years they have been running their Nation's Finest program, here: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...7_757797_image

My first M&P 15 was a build that I did. I bought a complete M&P 15 5.45 upper and a M&P 15 lower. Sent them both receipts and they still honored the $100 rebate. So, with customer focus like that, 6 months later when they renewed the program, I bought another and the VTAC. Honored them both.

Good company. Involved in our community. Caring for Veterans.

S/
    K

Thumbs Up

MIDWAY USA - A Friend of New Sparta

This is an e-mail I received from Midway USA today. I felt it was worth sharing.

Dear Valued Customer,

In the spring of ‘77, I left the Air Force and moved to Columbia, MO to pursue my dream of running a gun shop. You see, I’d always loved the outdoors; especially shooting and hunting. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve shooting and hunting with my dad and brothers. Then, as an adult, some of my greatest joys have come while shooting and hunting with my wife, my kids, my friends and now my grandkids. I love this industry, I love our way of life and I love serving Customers.

Now, our way of life is being challenged like never before and our Customers are responding with a flood of orders. In the 35 years I’ve been in business, I’ve never seen anything like this.

We’re monitoring the political environment, our industry’s capabilities and our business on a daily basis and making policy and process changes to better serve Customers. But please understand, while we’re still able to get most orders out the same day they’re placed, you may experience longer than normal wait times on the phone or when you chat with us on the web. Also, it’s taking us a few extra days to respond to emails. Finally, we’re out of a bunch of products I know you want which breaks my heart. And when we do get them in, they rarely spend the night in the building because they’re ordered almost immediately. We’re tirelessly working to get products in the door and out to Customers as fast as we can. But, until supply catches up with demand, we’re having to limit quantities and backorders on certain products.

One thing we haven’t done is change our prices because of this surge in demand. Prices do change from time to time as they always have, but we’d never change prices because of something like this. Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we’ve put quantity limits on certain products. We’ve all seen certain products selling two or three times higher than normal, and MidwayUSA doesn’t want to enable that type of activity. Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products. If it’s any consolation, none of our Employees can order products with quantity limits (myself included). We’ve all agreed to put Customers first.

And that’s the way it’ll always be at MidwayUSA.

As always, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers and we’re eternally grateful for your patience and loyalty.

Thanks for Your Business!

Larry Potterfield,
    Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA
    JD
    Last edited by Dillinger; 02-23-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Midway USA gets the Spartan seal of approval

seal-of-approval.jpg
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Occam's Razor
    I got the same e-mail.

Thumbs Up
    stumbled upon this website that lists companies who refuse to do business with municipalities that enact punitive gun control measures

http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    forgot about this thread. My bad. All is merged now.

Thumbs Up
    Greetings,

I still disagree with the whole, "to be fair" thing. Especially cancelling very old back orders placed before the panic. But I don't dislike Midway. They just won't be my first choice. I'll take some time and dig out the post on that issue though.

S/

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by The Galician View Post
    Greetings,

I still disagree with the whole, "to be fair" thing. Especially cancelling very old back orders placed before the panic. But I don't dislike Midway. They just won't be my first choice. I'll take some time and dig out the post on that issue though.

S/
    Did you read a "to be fair" in that statement? Because I read it, and I didn't. Maybe I am glossing over it, but I don't think so. Now if you know that they cancelled back orders, and have proof, we need to evaluate that as a community. But for a company with the resources that Midway has NOT to raise prices when they easily could, needs to be considered by all Spartans.

JD

Thumbs Up
    Did you read a "to be fair" in that statement? Because I read it, and I didn't. Maybe I am glossing over it, but I don't think so. Now if you know that they cancelled back orders, and have proof, we need to evaluate that as a community. But for a company with the resources that Midway has NOT to raise prices when they easily could, needs to be considered by all Spartans.

JD
    Greetings,

Will do. Need some time to dig that out since it is being challenged but I will cheerfully comply Doctore'. I won't however provide it so that they can be evaluated as a community. Not sure how you mean that.

For a company with the resources they have TO actually raise prices would be stupid. We call that two things... 1. Bad business and 2. Cheaper Than Dirt.

The first letter they sent out when this all began appeared to incite fear on other forums and was considered poor taste. But it wasn't published by Mr. Potterfield. I'll try to dig that one out also.

Once more, just in case I wasn't clear... I like Midway. And I am speaking on behalf of me, not any community.

Here's one. "Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we’ve put quantity limits on certain products." What the hell does that mean? If you sell to 1 customer or 10, how does that impact pricing at your store?

How about this. "Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products." Yes, you want to be fair and keep your customer base wide. Business model. A good one.

I will report back later.

S/
    K

Thumbs Up
    Greetings,

Will do. Need some time to dig that out since it is being challenged but I will cheerfully comply Doctore'. I won't however provide it so that they can be evaluated as a community. Not sure how you mean that.
    Well, who the hell am I? I'm no one. I am just a guy who is a part of what I hope will grow into a community of like minded people. When I say "the community" I refer to our forum. When "we the people" of a large forum decide to boycott, it can be a powerful voice. That is all I meant by that statement.

For a company with the resources they have TO actually raise prices would be stupid. We call that two things... 1. Bad business and 2. Cheaper Than Dirt.
    Well played Good Sir.

The first letter they sent out when this all began appeared to incite fear on other forums and was considered poor taste. But it wasn't published by Mr. Potterfield. I'll try to dig that one out also.
    This isn't most forums and I would like to think that the membership here can read through the BS and make intelligent decisions. If a business is gouging people, we need to get the word out, I don't care who they are in the world. If Nighthawk started charging twice for their pistols, I would be the first to out them.

Once more, just in case I wasn't clear... I like Midway. And I am speaking on behalf of me, not any community.
    Understood. I was just wondering if there was something I missed, or perhaps again as you have shown, you have more evidence that is not at hand.

Here's one. "Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we’ve put quantity limits on certain products." What the hell does that mean? If you sell to 1 customer or 10, how does that impact pricing at your store?
    Simple. You could get in 1000 PMAG's and sell them to one, well-heeled customer, not caring about the client base as a whole. Or you can limit the number of PMAG's each person can order, so that more people throughout the US can obtain at least a few of the items. They could have easily set a "no orders under 10" restriction on standard cap (30 round) mags, but they did not do so. If I want to order 1 or 2, I might wait for 3 months, but I don't have to take a second on the house to place me order. I consider that when I order from a company.

How about this. "Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products." Yes, you want to be fair and keep your customer base wide. Business model. A good one.
    Agreed. But they could have easily closed ranks and sold in volume to maximize their profits. If they send out 1,000 separate orders they might make S&H on each one, but business models tell you that it would be MORE beneficial to send out ONE order and be done with the possible hassles such as: lost shipments, unhappy customers/returns, human errors (coding, address, etc.), credit card refusals, etc.

I will report back later.
    Please! If Midway is not a company where this forum community should spend their money, then we need to let everyone know. The only way this forum achieves it's lofty goals is if everyone contributes and information that does not make the social medium or the nightly news is shared.

I, as always, look forward to reading more from you.

*respect*

JD