Thread: MLF Closing March 31st, 2019

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,906
    Given: 40,889

MLF Closing March 31st, 2019

If you havenít checked your email, a notification email went out by the Admin saying the forum will close at the end of this month. Letís post up some good memories and other places you hang out.

I loved the fun we had on the board and miss the a lot of people that used to post.

I hang out at Perfect Union in the mini 14 sub forum. May look at the 24hour campfire forum more. You can add me on Facebook, Ross Dorsey, I share jokes and funny stuff mostly if you need a daily laugh.
    Last edited by Tri70; 03-16-2019 at 04:33 PM.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw ďa new heaven and a new earth,Ē[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." óThomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,608
    Given: 5,648
    Sad. But, I suppose, inevitable.

A cursory look at forums, any forum, suggests that the forum concept has had it's day. I think there was a golden age, and the nature of forums makes them difficult to sustain. Some of the founders here had an inkling of this from MLF's inception, hence it's efforts to branch out into other arenas. A lot of places that were once huge are now ghost towns. Many never got off the launch pad. The ones that remain have, basically, drivel for content.

As I evolve, and move further away from online connection to the world at large, I still have to marvel at how my time in forum life has been a benefit.

I made friends in places I've never seen. Friends who were there when life would get dark, friends who genuinely cared.

I surely did well with folk's generosity. Many people sent me gear that I still use to this day.

My primary reason for joining my first forum was to amass knowledge. I surely did that. I came to gun forums with more than a bit of knowledge, but remaining open to information upped my game immensely.

I discovered the joys of man-on-vinyl love, when AR mags were delivered to me by a dusky, sloe-eyed inflatable gay love doll named Brad. Brad and I are still going strong, all these years later. If Brad could talk, I know he'd join me in thanking MLF for bringing us together.

For sure, there are things I wish I would have done differently in my time here, though I know they wouldn't change the eventual fate of this place. The time of the forum concept has reached it's sunset. Surely there will continue to be forums, but they will never have the fire, passion, or content that they once did.

A Spartan salute to the Founders, men who had vision, men who invested time and money, for the concept of freedom. This place was born with the idea that we refuse to have our freedom trampled, that if they wanted our arms, then they would have to come and take them. The idea remains.

A Spartan salute to those who contributed. A Spartan salute to those we lost along the way.

I thank the Five, the circle remains unbroken.

As I said, I'm slowly fading from the online world, rejecting the concept of electronica at large, so you're unlikely to see me anywhere else. It matters not. What we had here remains a palpable moment, frozen forever in time and memory.

Molon Labe.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,786
    Given: 0
    Well sh!t!

Glad you posted this up, I haven't seen anything in my email regarding this.

I'm not a huge forum guy, this was one I frequented the most. Not going to say I didn't notice the lack of activity here, but it happens. Big shout out to you Tri..... if this place had a constant, I would definitely say it was you. Your efforts to post and keep people interested was big. Thanks a bunch!

I enjoyed talking with everyone, and thank all of you for your input and help over time.
    I would like to think I might run in to some again, possibly on another forum someday. The only other forums I have been active in are "1911 addicts" and the "Old Gobbler". My username is the same, 1Turkeyhunter. Feel free to say hi sometime.

I wish everyone the best in the future! Take care of yourselves!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,503
    Given: 2,763
    Very sorry to read this. My recent inactivity has nothing to do with the forum and everything to do with S hitting the fan at home.

I'll miss everyone here.
    Grumpy

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,695
    Given: 765
    For a while,This was a pretty good place to hang out . Then some of the best contributing member's started getting run off,and the forum started a long downward spiral.

I haven't been on here in a while. Not that I didn't look in on the place every now and then,but it began to be a big waste of my personal time to post on the forum and only have the same 4-5 members press the "Like" button,and 1-2 members actually reply to a thread.
    There were a bunch of good times had here,and a lot of friendship's made and lost.

One thing that always bothered me here was seeing the fake numbers of "Active Member's" at the bottom of the home page,and then clicking on the What's New section at the top of the page and seeing the real # of actual Active members.
    The fake # shows that there are 37 Active members,while there are less than 10 members that have actually posted on the forum in the last month. Where the hell are the other 25-30 active member's? They aren't on the forum!

So long Molon Labe,it was a fun ride while it lasted.

THB

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,164
    Given: 2,453
    Well this sucks, not much action here the last few months, but I will still miss it. My other hang out is 17hmr.net, lots of great guys there from all over the world.
    Keep your powder dry.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,164
    Given: 2,453
    I just noticed from Tri's 1st post the closing dating isn't until 3019 so I guess we still have time to get in a few more posts.

Thumbs Up
    We’re good right! . Darn fat fingers!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw ďa new heaven and a new earth,Ē[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." óThomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,102
    Given: 3,386
    I think I'll echo Benning's sentiments...(although not nearly as eloquently) in that I'm VERY grateful for the people I've encountered here. I don't think the closing of our little corner of the webz has anything to do with the lack of interest, quality or sincerity of the content, but more to do with the virtual world itself. I've almost completely disconnected myself from the 'net in recent years, as I think we all can tell, it's become a cesspool.

Big props to our admin and mods, those who worked tirelessly to keep this place afloat. I can't help but feel somewhat guilty for my own lack of contributions.

I'm so incredibly grateful for the connections, advice, gear and laughs I've been given as a part of this place, it's been a real honor.

As stated, I'm not much for the electronic world anymore, so I don't know if I'll run into you guys again so I won't consider this a goodbye, but a farewell.

MOLON LABE MADAFAKKAS!!!
    Member/Contributor
    NRA GRNC GOA SAF PVA DAV
    Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,890
    Given: 12,128
    You can still keep up with us on our facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Molon-Labe-...3336610761870/
    http://www.molonlabeforum.com
    "Gun Forums"

Flecto Genua Mea Neminem - I Kneel Before No Man

Sticks and stones may break bones, but hollowpoints expand on impact.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,102
    Given: 3,386
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
    You can still keep up with us on our facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Molon-Labe-...3336610761870/
    Cool! That was my next question.

Does all the content here go 'poof' or can we come back to reminisce?
    Member/Contributor
    NRA GRNC GOA SAF PVA DAV
    Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,098
    Given: 3,689
    A farewell to arms indeed gents. Seems to be a similar theme as we seem to be outgrowing the interwebs. Respect and good wishes to to all the friends I have met here.
    Ask and ye shall receive

Thumbs Up
    I miss picking on Butters, Seven talking about wrestling and his creativity in gun storage refrigerators.