Thread: Coin Collection

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,906
    Given: 40,889

Coin Collection

We now have a small coin collection from my father-in-laws estate, majority of the collection is wheat pennies. I’ve been sorting through them looking for the holy grail of pennies, 1943 copper or 1944 steel. Anyone collecting coins?
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,119
    Given: 975
    Yeah, I collect coins. Mostly U.S. but also older stuff - ancient Rome, Greece. Keep an eye out for 1909VDB pennies and a multitude of double-die strikes. It takes a lot of patience to go through those, but it can pay off.
    Hey Claire, are we still at that awkward stage?

Frequent Visitor to Sparta RaySendero's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 9
    Yeah,
    I dabble in collecting and metal detecting.
    I save rolls of pre-1982 pennies.
    Got a complete set of English Pound coins with New Queen and Old Queen in all coat of arms.
    Got some US proof sets from the 1980s
    And some other silver pieces.
    Kinda just all over the place.
    Ray

Frequent Visitor to Sparta RaySendero's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 9
    Got 4 wheat pennies:
    195?D
    1951D
    1955D
    & Indian head that I can't read date
    Last edited by RaySendero; 03-09-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    Ray

Thumbs Up
    There are a couple 1909 pennies in the collection but not the famous ones.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Found a 1856 or 1858 flying eagle penny, could be of decent value.