Thread: Ruger Blackhawk 357

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,906
    Given: 40,889

Ruger Blackhawk 357

My father-in-law passed away yesterday, today we have been going through his estate. He had a few guns and one of them is a Ruger Single 6 357 mag. It’s in great condition, not shot much and very clean. Pics to follow in a few days.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,786
    Given: 0
    Sorry for your loss. Will you or your wife get to inherit said firearms or will they need to be sold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    We will get to keep them, I don’t think the state has any records but the police never mentioned anything about it. We had to go to them to get his wallet.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,499
    Given: 676
    Sorry for the loss of your father in law, my thoughts and prayers I offer.

The revolver is a Blackhawk, not a Single Six, if it is a .357.

Sorry if I seem nit picky.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,499
    Given: 676
    Duplicate deleted.
    Last edited by Gator; 02-20-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Thanks for the correction Gator, new to the revolver scene.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,929
    Given: 759
    Deeply sorry for your loss. I had a .357 Black hawk years ago with an 8"
    barrel. I used it for whitetail hunting in the woods. Had a 1-7 pistol scope on it.
    Not to bad.

Thumbs Up
    The Blackhawk is a great gun to shoot, I would recommend it for anyone. I also took the DE 357 out also with some fresh loads of 158 & 140 gr HP over 16 gr of Win 296. My son enjoyed shooting “Mom’s gun” and the DE. We brought along a HR 22LR 9 shot revolver. The RP45 did shoot better after I sanded some on the extractor, needs a little more to get 100% reliable, 5-6 shots before a FTF. Also we brought out the 10/22 TD, blasted away on the targets I made up.

645B8075-4635-42FA-A2B8-E2B38BB2F96B.jpg