Thread: Say goodbye to Bump stocks

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,789
    Given: 0

Say goodbye to Bump stocks

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...=.e2fc405052a9

I don't own one, nor do I care to own one..... But this a ridiculous! Ughhhhh, what's next?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,919
    Given: 40,904
    Very frustrating, I don’t own one but haves shot one. Obummer’s didn’t go this far, the NRA supported this too!!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,172
    Given: 2,460
    This is the camel's nose entering the tent.......
    Not a good sign that the NRA once again went along with something to try and get the heat off of themselves. Nothing short of an outright ban and relinquish law for all AR15 type rifles will appease the antigun folks, this is just another nail in the coffin of the 2nd amendment.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,172
    Given: 2,460
    Double post

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,510
    Given: 2,779
    Krat, you got it almost right.

Nothing short of a complete ban on all guns will satisfy the enemy
    , that is to say the statist/leftist crowd that is running the federal gov't. Revolvers, lever guns, pumps, they want 'em all. AR15's are just supposed to be the first category of gun that gets outright banned and confiscated. Then there are the gunowner bans - anyone in your family doesn't want you to have guns? Then turn 'em in, that's where the "red flag" laws are headed. The goals of the statists and leftists is a disarmed American citizenry, period.

This bumpstock ban is total and complete BS. I do not have one of the damn'd things either and like Tri70 I have shot an AR equipped with one, exactly once. I thanked the guy at the range for letting me try it out and made a mental note that there was now at least one gun accessory I had no desire to buy. But that's not the point. The point is how this is being done, and how the machinery of a bumpstock ban (redefining what "machine gun" and "automatic fire" mean to include something that clear and historically accepted definitions do not ban) was implemented.

About the only good thing to come out of this fiasco is that other technologies like binary triggers are clearly exempted. For whatever good that may do, since the next virulently antigun POTUS can just turn on a dime and declare the semi autos you attach them to, to be illegal. https://www.recoilweb.com/banned-bum...it-144310.html

There is at least one lawsuit against this right now: https://www.guns.com/news/2018/12/19...on-bump-stocks

The most significant part of this test case is going to be compliance. There are about half a million people who have been told to destroy or surrender their property without compensation because someone arbitrarily decided they shouldn't have it. If they all comply, the gun rights movement is dead since the left will know that it is safe to confiscate things from gunowners, and that "molon labe" is just an empty slogan. My hope is that very very few of them will toe the line.

In the coming months we shall see what kind of "compliance effort" the BATFE has planned. Have they already hit the companies that sell the things for their customer records? If so, I would suggest that gun accessory companies scrub their records of customer data so that no one knows who bought a drum magazine or who bought a binary trigger, only that some people bought some products from some companies that sell products the .gov doesn't like.

Test cases can be used by both sides in the war for our rights.

Grumpy
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 12-20-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Thumbs Up
    The only good thing right now is that they are untraceable. Most semi autos with a trigger guard can be set up with a hole and screw on the sweet spot and work like a bump fire. They will soon limit how fast you can shoot. They could shut down shooting competitions, shooting ranges, skeet shooting, ect. Write your Congress and local politicians!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Buy up now on guns, ammo, vest, anything shooter needs while supplies are to be had. I plan on buying a lot of stuff after Christmas.
    Last edited by Tri70; 12-20-2018 at 12:16 PM.