Thread: It's Always Something

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,083
    Given: 2,386

It's Always Something

I finally feel like I'm starting to get over the top, get some bills paid down, about to start a spending some money on guns and ammo again. Two days ago the diaphram in my water softener disintegrated and the media from the softener clogged all the aerators on my faucets and shower head. We have extremely hard water, so got to get it fixed. Today I decided to stay home from work and flush my water heater to make sure the media didn't mess it up too. All went well with the flush, but when I tried to re-light the pilot the piezo ignitor would not spark. I spent the last few hours taking all the guts out of the water heater, cleaning the shit out of the the resistor end of the ignitor to no avail. Not a hardware store anywhere in the Austin area that has the parts I need, so will have to get a plumber out here tomorrow at the weekend rate to get hot water again.
    It's always something....

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Found a great plumber, he was able to make the BBQ grill piezo ignitor I found at Home Depot work on the water heater, looked at the water softener and determined the diaphram is good and that the outgoing rubber hose on my water heater was the source of the black rubber. Only charged me $45 (half price) for the service trip since he was in and out quick and used parts I supplied (he didn't have a piezo in his truck). He also gave me all the info I needed to replace the hose myself and save another $100.
    Needless to say, I was pleased.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,686
    Given: 40,810
    That’s good news and glad you found a great guy to help! I have buy a couple tires for my truck and I’m looking at almost $400!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Buying tires sucks! I'm gonna need 4 tires for my truck in the near future, I hate buying tires almost as much as paying income taxes....

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,686
    Given: 40,810
    Luckily I only need 2 for my truck but they are 20” rims, thank goodness I have a buddy that can get a decent deal for me at $125 each.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)