Thread: Hurricane Florence to Hit SE States

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,683
    Given: 40,806

Hurricane Florence to Hit SE States

Reports are tracking for Florence to hit the SE states later this week. Stock up on fuel and supplies now or plan a route of escape. Things that one may need:

water and food
    clothing
    fuel
    guns & ammo
    Paper maps
    weather radio
    flashlights & batteries
    paper reading material
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    There are several nuclear reactors in the path of Florence, hopefully they stay intact and no problems occur. Heavy rains and power outages will be a huge problem for the east coast.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,082
    Given: 2,384
    Not a good place to be this week, thoughts and prayers for all in the path of Florence.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,064
    Given: 3,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    There are several nuclear reactors in the path of Florence, hopefully they stay intact and no problems occur. Heavy rains and power outages will be a huge problem for the east coast.
    IIRC there are 6 of them, and they shut them down a few days ago...
    Member/Contributor
    NRA GRNC GOA SAF PVA DAV
    Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,064
    Given: 3,368
    I'm in the northern part of NC so not a whole lot going on compared to those in the southeast and on the coast. Some wind, some rain, power loss, but no worse for wear in my area. My friend's Dad's sister lost her house in Wilmington today, flood and trees took it out. My band mate's MIL stayed on in Morehead City and the place is getting ravaged pretty badly. So far, about 600K without power. This thing seems to be stalled out so we're gonna get dumped on for 2 or 3 more days.
    Member/Contributor
    NRA GRNC GOA SAF PVA DAV
    Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Thumbs Up
    It’s a massive storm and will drop a lot of rain.
    214854B3-B495-48A3-939B-381746A1DF2D.jpg

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,725
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    I'm in the northern part of NC so not a whole lot going on compared to those in the southeast and on the coast. Some wind, some rain, power loss, but no worse for wear in my area. My friend's Dad's sister lost her house in Wilmington today, flood and trees took it out. My band mate's MIL stayed on in Morehead City and the place is getting ravaged pretty badly. So far, about 600K without power. This thing seems to be stalled out so we're gonna get dumped on for 2 or 3 more days.
    Hang in there vincent!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Hope all is well with NC friends.

Thumbs Up
    Hope everyone had some prepping stocked up, fuel, solar panels, food/water.

Thumbs Up
    Trying to do a hot shutdown of the Brunswick nuclear facility, workers are having trouble accessing the plant.

https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-c...0180917en.html

Thumbs Up
    A lot of clean up to do after this one, reported 43 lives lost and 69,000 displaced from homes. Kinda funny that a bunch of fish were stranded on the highway after the storm.

The fish were discovered along a stretch of the interstate near Wallace, located about 40 miles northwest of Wilmington, where the storm made landfall.
    "Hurricane Florence caused massive flooding in our area and allowed the fish to travel far from their natural habitat, stranding them on the interstate when waters receded," the fire department said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/23...nterstate.html