Thread: THAT'S IT! I F**KING QUIT!!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,069
    Given: 66

THAT'S IT! I F**KING QUIT!!!

That's right. I walked off the job last Monday, the 13th. Went in the next day to do the paperwork on stopping my retirement plan and to get paid for my leftover sick and vacation days.

We'd been asking for a raise for a while. I've been doing a job that'd normally pay $17-$20 hourly for the past 4 years, been working there a total of six years. My supervisor has been doing a job that'd normally pay $25-$30 hourly for 20 years.
    I just broke $11 the beginning of this year, he just hit $17.

So here's the straw that broke the camel's back:
    The Wednesday before, I think the 8th, one of my former coworkers did something completely stupid. Drove the work truck out of town while on duty to go sell his TV. He also picked up some beer to take home at the end of his shift. During his adventure, he hydroplaned off the road and got the truck wrapped up in a power pole guy line.
    He went into reverse/drive/reverse/drive/reverse/drive until he got it untangled, knocking out power to a small community and tearing up the truck in the process. He panicked, and hauled ass back to the office.

Of course someone saw it happen. And it didn't take long for folks to catch up to him at the office with the truck all f**ked up with beer and a TV in the cab.

So he got fired. Lucky he didn't get arrested.

Meanwhile, city hall had already been talking about cutting our OT pay. Not our OT TIME, just the pay for it. After illegally docking our OT on holidays. And us being incredibly underpaid to begin with.

So then they tell us we're working 7 days a week indefinitely to cover that dumbass's shift, because they're not going to hire someone else to take his place. Best response we got as to when we might get a new employee was, "Next July, MAYBE."
    To top that off, we were told we would NOT get paid for the overtime we'd be working 7 f**king days a week.

"Take it or leave it."

Me: "F**K YOU, YOU F**KING CO*K SUCKING A$$HOLES, I'M F**KING LEAVING IT! F**K YOU I F**KING QUIT!"

I've been playing househusband and catching up on some fishing this past week and a half. Going to start catching up on some range time starting this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Thumbs Up
    Oh, and I'm in a much better mood overall. My smoking was reduced by half within just a couple days, and my angry cussing and b*tch fests apparently reduced even more.

I'm taking a break from cleaning and I'm eating some key lime pie right now.

Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,082
    Given: 2,384
    Sucks to be out of work, but seems to me you put up with their shit much longer than they deserved and you finally did what you had to do. Something better will come along man, enjoy the time off while you have it.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16,053
    Given: 24,641
    put your resume on LinkedIn and let the jobs come find you ... it's an employee's market now
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,082
    Given: 2,384
    WTF? Where was the forum for the last few days?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,683
    Given: 40,806
    Good for SCH! The server wasn’t responding, couldn’t see anything either.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Si vis pacem, para bellum texaswoodworker's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,944
    Given: 4,212
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHorseCowboy View Post
    Oh, and I'm in a much better mood overall. My smoking was reduced by half within just a couple days, and my angry cussing and b*tch fests apparently reduced even more.

I'm taking a break from cleaning and I'm eating some key lime pie right now.

All I can say is it's about time! Life's too short to work in a place like that taking that kind of crap. I learned that from the 3 months I worked at Walmart making just a couple buck less than you did. I have a low tolerance for bullshit and that's all I was getting there. Quit on Christmas Eve.

You'll find a new job, and probably a better one at that.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is none so blind as he who will not see

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,683
    Given: 40,806
    Did you find a new job?
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Nope, not yet. Ain't even worried about it yet, still have time and money.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk