Thread: Range day

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,910
    Given: 756

Range day

Took out the Sig320 carry and my son took his Taurus 709 slim to Manchester firing line. Ran 300 rounds through the 320. It preformed perfectly. When I actually took my time I was about 1" low. When I rapid fired at 7 yards I ended up with a 4" group(15 rounds) within the POA area. My sons 709 was really a surprise. I had bought the mag extensions to help with control. I also bought an aftermarket pro-mag to check it out. The pistol did not care what mag was used. Fed perfectly. In 250 rounds he had 1 FTF. The strike on the primer was the same as all the rest, but no bang with CCI Blazer brass 9mm. Since this is not his defensive ammo, I'm not really concerned. Both the Taurus mag and pro-mag were tough to get 7 rounds into. So for today we were loading 6. I really hate to say this but his Taurus is more accurate. Hit at POA every time. Not low, not high. His average group was 2" in a vertical string. It is very easy to shoot and get back on target. The trigger is glockest as far as design, but almost feels like a single action in a striker fire. I was really shocked at my sons shooting. Great day overall (hour).

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,072
    Given: 2,376
    Sounds like a good day and time well spent with the son. My Ruger single stack mags for the LC9s are the same way, 9 round mags that will only take 8 rounds.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,630
    Given: 40,786
    It’s always fun to shoot with family and friends! Glad to both guns and shooters did well!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)