Thread: 1st Glock

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,053
    Given: 2,353

1st Glock

I'm primarily technician but also a licensed personal protection officer on a corporate security team. Which means I have a duty weapon issued to me, but I mainly wear a tool belt. We recently upgraded to Gen5 Glocks and were given the option to purchase our issued Gen3 model 19. Mine was rarely carried and basically brand new, not a mark on it and maybe 1500 training rds down the pipe. No brainer for the price they were offered. As much as I dislike the looks of a Glock, I shoot it better than anything else I own. Glad to have one in the collection and looking at adding a few more.

20180620_195309.jpg
    Last edited by Krat; 07-02-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,580
    Given: 40,771
    If your going to use the Tupperware and shoot good with it, it’s best to get one on sale! I saw a good price on one at CDNN for around $300. I maintained control!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Can't remember where it was, but I saw G37 45GAP for $284. Police trade in with holster wear, but that still pretty cheap.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,705
    Given: 0
    Very nice Tupperware ya got! Swore I'd never own a Glock myself, but when I held the G43 in my hand for the first time, I had to get it...... It has since become my EDC.
    Congrats on a good deal, and another addition to the collection!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Found out today that we had one more that was not traded in yet, it is the next sequential serial number to mine, think I'm gonna go ahead and buy it too.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,705
    Given: 0
    Sweet!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Krat View Post
    Found out today that we had one more that was not traded in yet, it is the next sequential serial number to mine, think I'm gonna go ahead and buy it too.
    You can always sell it at an overcharged price to a fanboy!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16,044
    Given: 24,626
    ergonomics and looks aside, Glock has proven to be a very reliable and capable firearm ... congrats

go for the sequential
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Regular in Sparta Bigcountry0291's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 585
    Given: 764
    My old baby is Glock 19 Gen 2 edition!

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    I picked up the second g19 on Friday morning, it took too long to get the paperwork in order so I had time to peruse the used inventory. I have been thinking about picking up a pocket pistol and they had a Ruger LCP trade in for $130. Needless to say it went home with me. Couldn't leave without a pocket holster, so one of those went too. That should do it for handgun purchases for awhile.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Krat; 07-24-2018 at 07:29 AM.

Thumbs Up
    That’s a great deal! I’ve been looking at those too!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,064
    Given: 66
    I love those sticky holsters.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    I had never even heard of them, but I'd never shopped for a pocket holster either. They had several less expensive brands, but the Sticky felt the best in my pocket.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,064
    Given: 66
    It's awesome. I carry mine every day. It's heavily worn, think I've had it about two years, still sticks in my waistband like glue.
    Here's a pic of the other side of it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Yep, that one is broken in pretty good