Thread: Law Tactical AR15 Folder

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,053
    Given: 2,353

Law Tactical AR15 Folder

I installed one if these on my 7.5" barreled AR pistol last weekend. I had been toying with the idea for a few months, just an effort to get it small enough to fit completely into a small GHB backpack. I had a couple of coupons for Brownells that I was able to stack and got it shipped for $205, was a good $50 off regular price so I said **** it and ordered it. Worked out pretty good, still just barely fits in my pack, but it is completely concealed now. Haven't been to the range yet to test it and be sure it doesn't explode, but carrying it in my truck anyway.
    It's solid as a rock and folds each way very easily, happy with it so far.
    20180507_220429.jpg20180506_115053.jpg20180506_120044.jpg20180506_114948.jpg

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,580
    Given: 40,771
    That’s pretty sweet! Can’t wait to hear the range report!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Finally getting back to this for a range report. The first time out I made it thru about half a mag before the first fail to go into battery, ejected fine just would not completely load another round. This happened on 4 or 5 different mags, with at least two different brands of ammo. I did not take it apart at the range, but did so when I got home. The bolt was not super wet, but I thought it was lubed okay, especially for a nickel boron that is supposed to run dry. The gas tube looked be in good order, not much carbon spray around either end. I did notice a small burr on the front of the bolt carrier, but did not see anywhere inside the upper that was gouged. I filed it smooth, lubed the shit out of it and put it away. This past weekend was my first chance to try it again. Even worse this time, the first shot and every round thereafter did not cycle the bolt at all. It was basically a single shot. Not sure where to go with it at this point to make it work with the folder. It ran seamlessly before the conversion. I will take it off and see if it functions normally without it next.
    Any other suggestions?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,432
    Given: 668
    If short stroking, you need a heavier buffer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    You could cut a coil or 2 off your spring to see if that works.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    If short stroking, you need a heavier buffer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    I guess it was short stroking the first time out, this last time it wasn't stroking at all. It literally was not moving backwards in the slightest.
    It is a pistol buffer and pistol length gas system. Would a buffer from a rifle kit be heavier? I have a complete kit for a carbine including the buffer that I could swap for a test.

Thumbs Up
    Has your gas block moved?

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    Has your gas block moved?
    Not that I can tell, it looks and feels tight.

Thumbs Up
    Try to clean the barrel port, could be fouled.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    Try to clean the barrel port, could be fouled.
    10-4, think I will just take the whole tube out and make sure it's not plugged. Will clean the port inside and out too. Thanks.