Thread: Bought me a new toy

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,686
    Given: 765

Bought me a new toy

Last weekend I went to the Ft.Worth gun show to kill some time. Wrong place for me to kill time!

A friend of mine has one of these,and I really liked it when I shot it at his place a while back. So,While walking around I started looking at them,and found a dealer selling them for $349.00. SOLD
    So,I'm the proud owner of a new S&W M&P 15/22 rifle,along with a couple extra magazines.

I get back home and take it apart,and clean it. Then take off the flash suppressor so I can screw on my Spectre II suppressor. I'll be damned,Why do companies thread 22 lr barrels the same length as a standard AR 223/5.56 barrel? A Rimfire suppressor doesn't screw on that far,so I take a couple crush washers and then screw the suppressor on. Not perfect,but it works!

I shot 3 magazines of Sub-sonic and High velocity ammo out of it. Not a single hiccup,it fired,ejected,and fed flawlessly.

It comes with Magpul BUIS sights,and after I shot it,I installed a spare QD riser and my ole trusty Sightron SII 4-16x42 AO scope on it. I still need to sight the scope in,but then I'm taking it to the ranch for some turtle extraction at the stock tanks.
    Silencerco makes a threaded spacer for the barrel,I ordered one,so that will fix the suppressor problem.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,565
    Given: 40,761
    Very nice! Pretty quite when suppressed too!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,626
    Given: 719
    My Grandson has one and............... Can't find all of the photos, but he took some 20 Columbian Ground Squirrels with it last summer. This shot is of the day I gave it to him.

Last edited by zfk55; 04-09-2018 at 08:27 AM.
    .. An' ole' Brer' Rabbit..he set in de bushes.. he watch an' he wait.. lay low an' don' say nuffin'