Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida School Shooting

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,435
    Given: 40,573

Florida School Shooting

Our hearts are broken once again by a horrific shooting against defenseless children. The media focuses on the gun, not the gunner.

The suspect was identified as 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz, a former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School who'd been expelled for disciplinary reasons, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel confirmed during an evening news conference. Sen. Bill Nelson told Fox News that Cruz was wearing a gas mask and may have had smoke bombs during the rampage.A shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida, killed at least 17 people, stunning the town and much of the nation, as investigators raced to find a possible motive behind the bloodbath.

Of the 17 people killed, 12 of them died in the school, two were killed outside, one died on the street and another two died at the hospital, Israel said. He added that 15 people were transported to the hospital.
    The suspect carried an AR-15 rifle and had "countless magazines," the sheriff said.
    According to CBS12, a Palm Beach County Sherriff's Department bomb squad was seen at a "mobile home park west of Lantana," which is 30 miles north of Parkland. Its reportedly connected to the high school shooting and authorities were "preparing to serve search warrant."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/14...olice-say.html
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 962
    Given: 2,200
    It is a heartbreaking situation, my thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the victims.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,966
    Given: 24,493
    another tragedy that could have been avoided ... disgusting

my thoughts and prayers for the lost lives and the families left behind
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    The kid was troubled, should have been placed in a mental rehab. Police were called to his residence 39 times from 2011 to 2016 for child/elder abuse. His parents had died, his mother passed this last November. He got a ride to the school carrying the AR in a soft case, from a Uber driver!

Nikolas Cruz, who confessed to being the gunman in Wednesday's deadly Florida school shooting, according to his arrest affidavit, claimed to authorities that voices in his head told him how to carry out the ambush that left at least 17 people dead, ABC News reported.
    And between 2011 and 2016, authorities responded to 39 calls to Cruz's home in Parkland, WSVN reported. The issues varied "from domestic disturbance to child/elder abuse," the outlet said.

Details of Cruz's troubled past began to emerge in the hours after the massacre. In accounts from classmates, Cruz was described as a "weird kid" and a "loner," with one person adding that he was kicked out of school for getting into a fight with his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend.
    Prior to the shooting incident, the suspect was living in a mobile home with the family of a friend. Both of Cruz's parents, who adopted him, are deceased, according to the Sun Sentinel. His mother reportedly passed away in November.
    Cruz confessed to using an AR-15 rifle to shoot “students that he saw in the hallways” at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School “and on school grounds,” his arrest affidavit said. He also reportedly told authorities that he brought “additional loaded magazines” that he stashed in a backpack.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/15...avit-says.html
    Last edited by Tri70; 02-16-2018 at 06:29 AM.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up

When you're too busy instituting a coup ...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/break...D=ansmsnnews11

FBI admits mishandling tip about accused Florida gunman

PARKLAND, Fla. (Reuters) - The Federal Bureau of Investigation on Friday acknowledged that it mishandled a January tip that the 19-year-old man accused of killing 17 people at a Florida high school had guns and the desire to kill.

A person close accused gunman Nikolas Cruz called an FBI tip line on Jan. 5 to warn that he owned guns, had made disturbing social media posts and had the potential to conduct a school shooting, but its protocols were not followed, the FBI said in a statement.
    how many is going to take before people starting connecting the dots?
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/break...D=ansmsnnews11

how many is going to take before people starting connecting the dots?
    Un****ingbelievable! Everyone above the level of field agent should be resigning or be fired by Monday......

Thumbs Up

... alerts at four agencies

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3826066

Nikolas Cruz cut his arms on Snapchat and said he wanted to buy a gun in September 2016, more than a year before he was accused of killing 17 people in a school in Parkland, Florida, records obtained by the South Florida Sun Sentinel show.

The incident on the digital social network prompted an investigation by sheriff’s deputies and adult welfare investigators from the Department of Children & Family Services.

The documents provide further evidence that Cruz was a troubled teen who repeatedly went without help before he stalked the halls of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School with an AR-15 rifle on Wednesday.

In another stunning example, the FBI acknowledged Friday that it ignored a tip last month that Cruz was at risk of committing a school shooting.

A person close to Cruz contacted an FBI national tipline on Jan. 5 with concerns about the young man’s “gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting,” the agency said in a news release.

The information should have been sent to the FBI Miami Field Office but was never forwarded, officials said. Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Friday ordered an investigation of how the U.S. Department of Justice and FBI handled the matter.

The DCF investigation came four days after Cruz’s 18th birthday, meaning he could legally purchase a rifle.

“Mr. Cruz has fresh cuts on both his arms. Mr. Cruz stated he plans to go out and buy a gun. It is unknown what he is buying the gun for,” the DCF report reads.

Investigators concluded there were “some implications” for Cruz’s safety but determined he was receiving adequate support from his school and outpatient care from Henderson Mental Health in Broward County.

angry head.jpg
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up

Group chat messages show school shooter obsessed with race, violence and guns

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gr...uns/ar-BBJep4v

In a private Instagram group chat, confessed school shooter Nikolas Cruz repeatedly espoused racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic views and displayed an obsession with violence and guns.

Wednesday, 19-year-old Cruz opened fire at the school that expelled him, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Authorities say he killed 17 with his legally purchased AR-15.

CNN, investigating comments the shooter may have left on a now-deleted YouTube channel, was added to the private Instagram group by one of the active members in it. The responding group members, who appear to be younger than 18, have refused to confirm their identities to CNN on or off the record.

When asked for comment or whether they knew about the private chat group, the FBI directed CNN to the Broward County Sheriff's Office.

Most of the conversation in the group since Cruz joined around August 2017 is between six people -- including Cruz.

"I hate jews, ni**ers, immigrants"
    Racism was a constant theme in the chat group, which was called "Murica (American flag emoji) (eagle emoji) great" -- a name it was given by Cruz.

The hatred he and others in the group espoused met little resistance from its active members. In one part of the group chat, Cruz wrote that he hated, "jews, ni**ers, immigrants."

He talked about killing Mexicans, keeping black people in chains and cutting their necks. The statements were not made in jest.

There are hundreds of racist messages, racist memes and racist Instagram videos posted in the group.

One member even joked about Cruz's particular venomousness, saying that although he hated black people, too, he didn't "to a point I wanna kill the (sic) like nick."
    time and time again I have said to family and friends, if you want to know the depths of the depravity in kids minds today just jump on to xBox live chat and listen. If i had kids social media would be the last place I would allow them
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,626
    Given: 719
    This one sickened me so much that I couldn't even look at the pictures of those children.
    Fury doesn't even come close to my reaction.
    .. An' ole' Brer' Rabbit..he set in de bushes.. he watch an' he wait.. lay low an' don' say nuffin'

Thumbs Up
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Students reporting crisis drills at the school. People were shot and killed. Was the FBI trying to set this whole thing up?

https://youtu.be/g67mCOP75sk
    Last edited by Tri70; 02-23-2018 at 06:25 AM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,430
    Given: 2,715
    FL is almost a picture perfect setup - the perp slipped through all the cracks, school security officer decided to stand back and wait for backup, etc. Whatever really happened in FL, it is being used to generate the biggest threat to our 2A rights since Sandy Hook, probably more dangerous than Sandy Hook. More political momentum now than I saw post Sandy Hook and more people who are supposed to be on our side are caving over it.

If anyone is not actively writing, emailing, etc their congresscritters to oppose gun control (yes even oppose the bumpstock ban, it ain't a done deal if BATFE wants money in their budget) they need to do so. Also write, email, text POTUS Trump. Sure he'll never read it but his staff will, and if he is being inundated by pro-gun sentiment (and sentiment against "doing something") then he may reconsider his push for banning bumpstocks (which threatens all semi-autos since they all can bumpfire without the stupid stock).

Grumpy

Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,107
    Given: 973
    That's not cowardice. It's policy.
    Hey Claire, are we still at that awkward stage?

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by bkt View Post
    That's not cowardice. It's policy.
    If its policy to wait while innocents are being killed then bring the guy who wrote the policy up on charges for negligent homicide. Policy every place I've heard of post-Columbine was for responders to charge in without backup to take down the perp. Time lost = lives lost.

And if it wasn't policy, everyone who stood back while innocents were killed needs to be fired for cowardice. If you can't take the risk of getting killed protecting others then don't take an oath to protect and serve the public. I honor our Peace Officers because I presume they will honor their duty to the public. If they're just uniformed thugs that enforce laws without protecting the public that honor is gone.

Just my opinions, worth every penny you paid for 'em.

Grumpy

Thumbs Up
    Do they not defend Life and liberty? They just count the bodies and say how awful it was.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    His boss said he should have gone in, found the shooter and killed the shooter.
    Personally I wouldn't call the man a coward, in my head and my heart I think I would have gone in, but without being there in his shoes or in any other situation like that before who can say for sure.
    Last edited by Krat; 02-23-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Krat View Post
    Personally I wouldn't call the man a coward, in my head and my heart I think I would have gone in, but without being there in his shoes or in any other situation like that before who can say for sure.
    If its not already it needs to be made damn' clear to recruits that they may have to lay down their lives protecting the community. Any man (or these days woman) unwilling to do so has no business with a badge, none. Anyone who takes an oath to serve and protect the community but fails to do so in time of need has broken their oath and their honor. Some may not call that cowardice, but I don't know what else to call it.

If someone can't take the heat, then stay the hell out of the kitchen.
    Grumpy
    PS For a great take on cowardice, of all things Tales From the Crypt had a classic story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXQ0PKBZvR4 Kirk Douglas, his kid Eric Douglas, Lance Henrikson, and Dan Ackroyd set in WWI. What can I say, its a fine story with good production values and nice battle scenes.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Krat View Post
    If you're not willing to trade your life for that of a child ... what are you?

rhetorical ... not directed at you personally krat
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build