Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rem 870 TAC 14 Shotty

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,564
    Given: 40,758

Rem 870 TAC 14 Shotty

Cool looking beast! Yes sir, I’ll take my cc test now!

Short pistol grip stock and 14” barrel, 4+1 tube mag only $299!

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-...707a-128162089

FA84B1EB-7860-4FE7-8737-01290EAE09D4.jpg
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,045
    Given: 2,341
    Did you get it ordered? Shows out of stock now.

Thumbs Up
    I would love to have one, they must have sold out fast.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    i haven't seen either one in person, but I'm liking the Mossberg version better than the Remington.

Regular in Sparta Bigcountry0291's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 585
    Given: 764
    Mossberg 590M looks interesting; but, it depends on the cost factor.

http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/590m-mag-fed/

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16,041
    Given: 24,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    Cool looking beast! Yes sir, I’ll take my cc test now!

FA84B1EB-7860-4FE7-8737-01290EAE09D4.jpg
    I saw one of these at the Great American Outdoor Show a few weeks ago ... meh
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16,041
    Given: 24,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry0291 View Post
    Mossberg 590M looks interesting; but, it depends on the cost factor.

http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/590m-mag-fed/
    this thing was all the rage at the Great American Outdoor Show ... folks standing in line so they could rack the pump action. As if that would give them any insight into the functionality of the box magazine
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Here’s one on sale at Primary Arms for $289.99!

http://www.primaryarms.com/remington...otgun-rem81230

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,465
    Given: 2,742
    Sweet piece for home defense. Might make me think second about which to grab first, it or my M92 PAP pistol as a burglar extinguisher.
    Thing that's really sweet about that Remmy is the cost...

Grumpy

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    I was really interested in one of those for awhile, but I can't really see the use of one for me. I would much prefer my 18" barreled Winchester with a stock if I had to protect my home. Maybe as a scary looking truck gun, but again my FEG Hipower is pretty scary looking if your staring in the wrong end of the barrel.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Krat View Post
    I was really interested in one of those for awhile, but I can't really see the use of one for me. I would much prefer my 18" barreled Winchester with a stock if I had to protect my home. Maybe as a scary looking truck gun, but again my FEG Hipower is pretty scary looking if your staring in the wrong end of the barrel.
    Y'know the primo ecological niche I can see for the Remmy and Mossy Shockwave "firearms" is hotel room security. My M92 PAP AK pistol would over-penetrate way too much for that, and while a full stocked shotgun would be a better overall solution it is a bit harder to be inconspicuous with one in the luggage. Thing to watch out for there is that they may not "work" on your permit. Those AK and AR pistols are recognized by quite a few permits as "handguns" (not in OK unfortunately) and that makes them really primo car/truck guns. But those short tubed smoothbarrel "firearms" don't count as handguns so I'd stay with a regular handgun for the car to hotel room leg of the journey. But inside the room for any unwanted "guests"....

Best,
    Grumpy

Thumbs Up
    I was watching Hickok45 video on the Rem And Mossy, the only advantage is the Mossy is 5+1 over the Rem 4+1.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    I sold my PAP M92 last year, had it for three years and never put a round thru it. I am sure it would have put a hole thru several hotel rooms and probably caught the room I was in on fire.

Thumbs Up
    I sold my PAP M92 last year, had it for three years and never put a round thru it. I am sure it would have put a hole thru several hotel rooms and probably caught the room I was in on fire.
    Dang, too bad you got rid of yours, the M92 is one of the good ones if you do a couple of quick mods. 4-piece Bulgarian pattern muzzle brake throws the fireball to the front, Shockwave Blade arm brace balances it out nicely. Heck you can even get one of the US Machine Guns folding arm brace kits if you have deeper pockets than I do.

But yeah it would be too much of a good thing for hotel room defense. That's why I'm thinking the Mossy or Remmy 12 ga "firearms" stoked with an appropriately low penetration load would be perfect.

Grumpy

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Yep, should have kept it, but needed the cash to pay some bills....... It was the first SigBrace model with the big Krinkov looking muzzle.

Thumbs Up
    Yep, should have kept it, but needed the cash to pay some bills....... It was the first SigBrace model with the big Krinkov looking muzzle.
    When I got mine I put it into that configuration at first. Really like the Bulgarian muzzle brake though, and did put on the Manticore Renegade forearm. If y'all get another one, and are looking for a slick one point sling that's actual ComBlock, look for a Polish PM63 RAK sling. Apex gun parts had 'em at one time. Its OD and when mounted just aft of the pistol grip can be adjusted to hold the piece with the grip at just the right height...but it doesn't look like anything from the US and is built tough like all Warsaw Pact equipment was. And if you don't want to use an arm brace, putting a sling mount there allows you to push the gun forward into the sling for stability. Takes a bit of getting used to but it works.

Best,
    Grumpy

Frequent Visitor to Sparta kfox75's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Y'know the primo ecological niche I can see for the Remmy and Mossy Shockwave "firearms" is hotel room security. My M92 PAP AK pistol would over-penetrate way too much for that, and while a full stocked shotgun would be a better overall solution it is a bit harder to be inconspicuous with one in the luggage. Thing to watch out for there is that they may not "work" on your permit. Those AK and AR pistols are recognized by quite a few permits as "handguns" (not in OK unfortunately) and that makes them really primo car/truck guns. But those short tubed smoothbarrel "firearms" don't count as handguns so I'd stay with a regular handgun for the car to hotel room leg of the journey. But inside the room for any unwanted "guests"....

Best,
    Grumpy
    While that is interesting in concept, and, to a point, I do have to agree, one would have to watch falling afoul of state laws. In some states, PAPs, Shockwave's, Tac 14s, and Mare's legs, are classed as an SBS or SRB, and may not be legal there. Ny is one such place, for instance, and I'm sure CA would be the same.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to travel through most of the northeast with some of those items, as one would risk landing on the wrong side of legal.

As to taking a full sized, 18 to 20 inch barreled shotgun, discretely, into a hotel room, that's not a challenge for some of us.

the short, tacticool Maverick O\U breaks down into 3 pieces, the largest about 20 inches or so long, as does a Rossi Overland Coach gun, and both will fit in a large, or medium, ALICE pack, which is a regular part of my gear, when I travel on the bike. I also have a 24 inch artist's portflio looking rifle case, for take down rifles, that will swallow my AR, or the 590 A!, even with the fixed stock, with, at most, unscrewing the magazine tube, and replacing it once inside.

Or, if it's less than about 36 inchjes overall, a golf bag, or club case, will fit a rifle or shotgun, with room for a nice set of clubs, as well as extra mags in the side pockets.

And we ain't even on the subject of take down .22's, which my wife and I collect. I can fit an AR7 into a 17 X 8 Hydration pack, with around 300 rounds, and a few extra mags, easily, as it fits in it'[s own stock. A Marlin Papoose, or Ruger 10/22 TD, if done right, again, thr hydration (Camelback) type day packs, will fit one. Give me a cardboard tube, a few inches in diameter, and about 15 to 27 inches long, and I can fit my grandfather's old Winchester 67 in it, or slide the barrel right down my leg, slip the stock in a day pack, and it's in, unseen, and unknown.

Even easier than that, with the Winchester 1902, which is about the size of a Cricket rifle.

If you can find a way to hide the stock, even a pool cue case could do the trick, as I have used one before 18 inch, break and play sticks case, with the 18 inch barrel, and the long mag tube\receiver, of my 870 in it, and the stock, fore end, and trigger group, in the bottom of my pack, while out in Vegas, for SEMA about 20 years ago, and again, for the CES, early the next year.

Only real down side is having to pout it back together once in, and take it down again, when you leave. With the new quick connect systems from ATI and Mossberg, one could keep a folding\collapse stocked M500\590\88 with them, and with a click, have it ready, or break it down in less than a minute now.

However, where it is legal, I do agree with you, and, as is the case here in PA, it is classed as a "handgun" under state law, when I found a 20 gauge Shockwave last month, I talked with the wife, and we picked it up used, for a fair price, and partial trade on an old Hi Point C9 we had gotten in another trade, that the owner of the SW was looking for, as a car gun, for his wife's Hyundai. It is a plan B option, and regularly comes with in one of out trucks, when doing in state hauls, for our business, or tpo states where it is also legal.

And right now, I am in the process of looking up the legalities of modifying it a bit, whkle still keeping the concept the same.

I have a couple friends who work for the BATFE, and a few in LE here in PA, who I have asked about the legality of adding a standard pistol grip and SIG brace to one, as well as a local NFA dealer, and her attorney, about doing the same, IE, if it would have to have a tax stamp, and be registered, to do so.

Should the answer be yes, then I'll just fill out the forms, pay the fees and tax, and buy an AOW, 20 ga 500 with a short stock, or brace, and go that route, as a PA LTCF covers NFA items (that's right folks. If I could afford a legally registered Ak with a happy switch, I could carry it here, under the same laws regarding a handgun, on the same license.) and make that a truck gun(And no, it would not be a "Leave it in there" thing. Parked for the night, it goes with us, where ever we are.) If it's legal under state and federal law, I'll just brace the SW, and do it that way.

And frankly, if I have to do the AOW thing, i'll take full advantage of the new box mag model. As well as do a Trust, and make d*** sure to triple check the laws, and follow them to a t, every time I travel with it.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,063
    Given: 3,363
    Mossberg 500 Persuader...$300

7+1

Word to the wise...don't run 3" 00 buck through it...unless you won't be needing your wrist!

Different configuration than the OP but I'm happy with it...

DSC03440.jpg
    Last edited by vincent; 06-26-2018 at 11:06 AM.
    Member/Contributor
    NRA GRNC GOA SAF PVA DAV
    Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Thumbs Up
    Buckshot may not be too bad out of a short barrel configuration. I had a TC Contender pistol with 35 Rem and 30-30 barrels, it was not that bad to shoot from a 16” barrel.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,063
    Given: 3,363
    I noticed a pretty significant difference between the 2 3/4" and the 3" in that one...

I suspect the difference in the grip angle possibly enhances felt recoil...
    Member/Contributor
    NRA GRNC GOA SAF PVA DAV
    Proud Supporter of USA Shooting