Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Have you watched a good movie lately....

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,683
    Given: 40,806

Have you watched a good movie lately....

I love a good action flick, shooting, suspense, drama, surprises, manly men taking charge!
    We have a Google TV and scanned thru the Amazon pay-per-view list and came across RED with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, and John Malkovich. Great movie about retired fed agents and someone wanting to kill them. Loved it!

What good ones have you seen lately?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_(2010_film)
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16,053
    Given: 24,641
    saw Iron Man 3 when it came out ... meh. Neither the 2nd or 3rd lived up to the 1st
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    I just watched Olympus has Fallen, I think we can remove BO and get America back!
    Last edited by Tri70; 08-17-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 374
    Given: 617
    We just rented GI Joe retaliation for my boys and a b rated horror movie named "Shadow people" we'll see.
    Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thumbs Up
    We watched GI Joe right after, it gave me ideas for hiding more guns in the house!

Gotta love the Red Box!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,310
    Given: 181
    The wife and I went to the movies and saw Red 2 a couple weekends ago and it was as good, if not better than the first. G.I. Joe Retaliation was okay, but not as good as the first. I haven't had a chance to see Olympus Has Fallen yet, but I have heard its good. I also want to see White House Down. I find it a little strange that 2 movies of the near same story plot have came out close to each other.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,667
    Given: 2,274
    Heard white house down was awful :/

The last REALLY good movie i saw was Epic, Cabin in the Woods, or Django Unchained.

Pacific Rim was a lot of fun
    I am Legen-dairy

"They don't get banned, they get promoted." MisterMccool

Thumbs Up
    Received: 374
    Given: 617
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Heard white house down was awful :/

The last REALLY good movie i saw was Epic, Cabin in the Woods, or Django Unchained.

Pacific Rim was a lot of fun
    Django was awesome, Cabin in the woods was strange, but not bad.
    Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thumbs Up
    What was the zombie movie with the super fast zombie in it.

Thumbs Up
    Anybody watched World War Z?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,667
    Given: 2,274
    Heard it was kinda meh. Im still interested though, maybe when it hits the dollar theatre.
    I am Legen-dairy

"They don't get banned, they get promoted." MisterMccool

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,310
    Given: 181
    The wife and I went to the theater and watched World War Z. It was okay. Wasn't worth the 3D experience but still worth going to the movie's to see.

Thumbs Up
    Caught Oblivion On Demand a couple of weeks ago ... pretty good, right up until the contrived ending
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,073
    Given: 3,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Caught Oblivion On Demand a couple of weeks ago ... pretty good, right up until the contrived ending
    Do you think there may be a sequel
    Ask and ye shall receive

Thumbs Up
    I finally watched World War Z from the Red Box, Brad Pitt acts like he does like guns in this one. Everybody needs a gun in this movie, they are fast and crazed for a bite! Thrilling to watch anyway.

We also watched 42, not a bad movie, Harrison Ford is getting old!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,751
    Given: 1,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    I have it but haven't watched it. Son watched it over the summer with his Bit oops Mom and said it was OK but not as good as 28 Day later.

I will second Olympus has Fallen.
    Disclamer: All views expressed by me are mine. They are not angry nor are they anyone else's views.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,265
    Given: 850
    I haven't really watched a movie in awhile. I guess I'm at that age. You ever notice old people tend to not go to movies? You ever wonder why? I think I know. It's because at a certain point you notice that most movies are just remakes.
    Very few original ideas in hollywierd.
    <FONT COLOR="Blue">ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ</FONT>
    Support the NRA

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,598
    Given: 5,638
    "Now you see me", excellent. You can only watch it once, but it's hella awesome that one time.

"Camel Spiders" is ridiculous, old school B-Movie.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
    "Now you see me", excellent. You can only watch it once, but it's hella awesome that one time.
    caught this recently on HBO, enjoyed it ... but like you said, you can only watch it once. After that, well, the cat's out of the bag so to speak

Normally I reserve promoting a movie before it is out. Too many fail to live up to the hype ... but I'm gonna go out on a limb here. Hell, for all I care the movie can suck, but this is one of the best God-damned trailers in all of moviedom

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Si vis pacem, para bellum texaswoodworker's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,944
    Given: 4,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    It was ok.

I prefer the classics. The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile are two of my all time favorites.