Thread: Church Shooting in Sutherland, TX

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,032
    Given: 39,947

Church Shooting in Sutherland, TX

Prayers for the folks in this community!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/05...gs-church.html

At least 20 people are feared dead in Texas after a gunman opened fire at a church outside San Antonio on Sunday, Fox News has learned.
    The mass shooting was reported at First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, which is about 30 miles southeast of San Antonio. The gunman has been fatally shot by police.
    Wilson County Commissioner Larry Wiley told Fox News that an emergency responder said between 20 and 24 people are dead, and around 20 were wounded when a man walked into the church about 11:30 a.m. on Sunday and opened fire at the crowd of people.”

If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,491
    Given: 24,034
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    The shooter was stopped with a good guy shooting back with a rifle. It was a bad day but could have been worse.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,845
    Given: 12,119
    I posted this from a friends facebook page, in response to someone commenting about those of us who chose to discuss the heroes who helped end the TX church shooting. To quote her “ just bypassing the shooter to fit our story”.

“Perhaps part of the reason these human fecal stains keep trying to one up each other is to get their 15mins of fame. Focusing on the heroes in the situation seems better than regurgitating every meaningless sideways glance a sociopath ever gave someone in highschool and acting like whatever tool the shooter chose was important. Yeah.... Tell me instead about the man who risked it all to put a stop to this, had the tool, courage and ability to do it. Tell me about the other young man, not even knowing the man trying to stop the shooting, yet joined in to help chase the suspect in his vehicle. Yeah. We need more stories like that. Those stories build heroes, instead of sociopaths.”
    http://www.molonlabeforum.com
    "Gun Forums"

Flecto Genua Mea Neminem - I Kneel Before No Man

Sticks and stones may break bones, but hollowpoints expand on impact.

Thumbs Up
    This has been substantiated time and time again. It is no secret that in the deep dark corners of the web there are entire legions of sycophants to the Columbine killers congregating.

Time and technology has only emboldened these rejects. After Sandy Hook it was initially reported that the killer's hard drive revealed a "treasure trove" of information.

3 guesses as to why the contents have not been made public? For the same reasons why the truth of these mass shooters is not broadcast far and wide. The safety and security folks "feel" would evaporate and the narrative of gun control would disappear
    Last edited by Dog; 11-07-2017 at 02:19 AM.
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    This type of insanity is welcomed because it invites more regulation, and government control, stripped freedom. I truly believe they could stop more than they let on. The politicians are always creating problems only they can fix.

Thumbs Up

Texas killer was able to buy guns because of Air Force lapse

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/break...D=ansmsnnews11

ATLANTA (AP) — The gunman who slaughtered 26 people at a Texas church was able to buy weapons because the Air Force failed to report his domestic-violence conviction to the federal database that is used to conduct background checks on would-be gun purchasers, authorities said Monday.

Federal officials said the Air Force didn't submit Devin Patrick's Kelley's criminal history even though it was required to do so by Pentagon rules.

Kelley, 26, was found guilty of assault in an Air Force court-martial in 2012 for abusing his wife and her child and was given 12 months' confinement and a bad-conduct discharge in 2014. That same year, authorities said, he bought the first of four weapons.

Under Pentagon rules, information about convictions of military personnel for crimes like assault should be submitted to the FBI's Criminal Justice Investigation Services Division.
    The govt's failings are no cause for more gov't ... quite the contrary in fact
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0
    They should limit selling guns and have people who have guns to be psychological examine yearly before renewing their license!
    Last edited by Tri70; 11-08-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by khouji View Post
    They should limit selling guns and have people who have guns to be psychological examine yearly before renewing their license!
    LOL ... good luck with that sales pitch here
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by khouji View Post
    They do that in Chicago, look how well it stops shootings.
    If you noticed, it wasn’t the police that stopped the shooter, it was an average citizen taking action with his own gun. Police showed up in time to count the bodies.
    Last edited by Tri70; 11-08-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,297
    Given: 622
    Looks like the US AF neglected to share criminal history data with the NCIS database.

More laws won't work if the ones we have are not enforced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Spartan in Training
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 769
    Given: 1,903
    Having to taking a psyche test to own a gun sounds alot like "infringement" to me. Maybe the govt should sort their shit out on how to report to each other across the hall when they find someone is mentally unfit to play nice in society.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,049
    Given: 4,075
    I have owned and shot guns sense I was 4 years old, and I have not killed anyone except when the military told me too. I wont submit to any payche test to exercise a Constitutional right, nor will I support any infringement on that right
    Long Range, the next best thing to being there. If you are between 100 and 700 yards my Howa will determen your time and place of death. opaww

Lo there do I see my Father, Lo there do I see my mother, my brothers and sisters, Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning, They beckon to me come take my place in Valhalla, where the brave live for ever.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    They do that in Chicago, look how well it stops shootings.
    If you noticed, it wasn’t the police that stopped the shooter, it was an average citizen taking action with his own gun. Police showed up in time to count the bodies.
    It's just like in the movies, police shows up after the firefight. Lol Trump is saving the bullets for a greater reason.