Thread: TC Compass Rifle 243 Win

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,088
    Given: 40,013

TC Compass Rifle 243 Win

Took my rifle out today to fire a few rds thru since it's a great day, nice weather. Shooting 100 gr Sierra sp over 33 gr Varget at 100 yds. I still have this rifle in original configuration as I received it and same scope. It's a good rifle rifle for under $284 sale price, waiting for the $75 rebate to come, $215 out the door with free shipping. The middle target rotated left, I was aiming at the bottom of the diamond.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tri70; 10-01-2017 at 08:34 PM.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    I was cutting some brush for better shooting lanes around my stand and keeping the 243 close leaned up against a tree, but it fell over and I needed to check the zero. Left target is 75 gr VMax over 34 gr of IMR 4895 and 3 Shot group, 2 shots overlap. Right group is 100 gr Sierra SP over 33 gr of Varget, original configuration with Sun scope, it was still on. I just need a deer to shoot, lots of rubs and scapes but no deer yet.
    C7EDC79E-DA83-407C-9D0C-4A95C9C00258.jpg
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan in Training
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 794
    Given: 1,947
    That's pretty dang good for a sub $300 rifle and scope combo. You bought a couple other calibers in this same rifle, right?

Thumbs Up
    I love a deal and bought the 270, 308 and 30-06 too. May trade for something else down the road.

Spartan in Training
    Thumbs Up
    Do the others shoot as well as the 243?

Thumbs Up
    They shoot good but I haven’t played with the loads yet to dial in, I haven’t shot the 308 yet.

Spartan in Training
    Thumbs Up
    Looks like you got a good deal.

Si vis pacem, para bellum texaswoodworker's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,859
    Given: 4,202
    I'm getting the 7mm-08 version.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is none so blind as he who will not see

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
    I'm getting the 7mm-08 version.
    Scratch that. I found one in 6.5 Creedmoor that was still in stock. It's on its way.

I hope mine shoots as well as yours Tri.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
    Scratch that. I found one in 6.5 Creedmoor that was still in stock. It's on its way.

I hope mine shoots as well as yours Tri.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    That was the rifle I wanted to begin with, every time I tried to order they were out of stock. Can’t wait to here your range report! The 270 Shot great with factory ammo too.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    That was the rifle I wanted to begin with, every time I tried to order they were out of stock. Can’t wait to here your range report! The 270 Shot great with factory ammo too.
    They're saying they're still in stock. I've been wanting something in 6.5mm for quite awhile now. I still want the 7mm-08 (might buy one later), but I could not pass up the Creedmoor. I can't wait to get behind the trigger.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/192978

Thumbs Up
    Use the rebate offer on SG for an extra $75 off.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,606
    Given: 684
    What's the ROT on that rifle??
    .. An' ole' Brer' Rabbit..he set in de bushes.. he watch an' he wait.. lay low an' don' say nuffin'

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by zfk55 View Post
    What's the ROT on that rifle??

What does ROT stand for, rate of twist?

1-10 rate of twist.

https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/bolt...es/t-c-compass
    Last edited by Tri70; 12-05-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,299
    Given: 623
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    What does ROT stand for?[/URL]
    How long the stock will last, e.g. in 20 years the stock will rot off. ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,606
    Given: 684
    Yup. That's the same ROT as my Grandson's rifle.
    I bought him the one with the Youth Stock that can be converted to the Adult Stock. My son, Latigo tried it with the longer LOP and loved it. Incredibly accurate rifle.
    You do know that the difference between that and the 6.5 Creedmore is almost nothing? Great cartridge.
    .. An' ole' Brer' Rabbit..he set in de bushes.. he watch an' he wait.. lay low an' don' say nuffin'