Thread: Gun confiscation in the wake of Irma

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,609
    Given: 0

Gun confiscation in the wake of Irma

Im sure everyone remembers how the gun confiscation played out when New Orleans got plowed by Katrina. Looks like the same bullshit may be happening in the Virgin Islands. Sad effing times!!
    http://www.snopes.com/virgin-islands...-weapons-irma/

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,932
    Given: 39,746
    GW Bush signed a law making confiscation illegal in the threat of natural disasters because of Katrina!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,374
    Given: 23,876
    if you're not ready to use them you might as well turn them in
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,798
    Given: 1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    if you're not ready to use them you might as well turn them in
    This is a simple truth that can not be explained any better...

Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,932
    Given: 39,746
    Left with no protection after the storm, pay attention kids!

Before making landfall, the US Virgin Islands’ Gov. Kenneth Mapp seized guns, ammo and other materials from residents, leaving a majority of people completely defenseless during a time of devastation.
    The NRA has already let it be known that they have a serious bone to pick with Gov. Kenneth Mapp, and they plan to take legal action.
    Many residents stuck in this nightmare are living in fear that without immediate intervention of Mapp’s executive order, desperation and a lack of critical resources could eventually lead to a dangerous scenario.
    According to Business Insider, Laura Dixon Strickling, an island resident living with her husband and 1-year-old daughter on St. Thomas – one of the US Virgin Islands – described their current living situation:
    “We’re only five days into this, and it feels like it’s been a lifetime,” Strickling stated. “We don’t have information. We have not seen one first responder. We have not seen one police officer. Everyone in our neighborhood is walking around with sharpened machetes and guns for protection.”
    Exactly how much damage did the small string of islands endure?
    Rep. Stacey Plaskett, the Virgin Islands’ delegate to Congress, spoke with MSNBC and confirmed “St. Thomas and St. John are pretty devastated.”
    “We’ve lost practically 70% of our infrastructure in terms of utility system on the island St. Thomas and all of the utility system on the island of St. John,” Plaskett said.
    For those of you who are more visual, take a look at these heart-stopping satellite photos taken by NASA, showing a before and after photo of the islands since Hurricane Irma wiped them out:
    https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2017...enseless-irma/
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,609
    Given: 0
    Sounds to me like Gov. Kenneth Mapp didn't give two shits about that law Bush signed. I agree with Dog, they are for your protection...if your not ready to use them, no need in having them.
    That Gov. should be immediately removed from his position and hung in the streets with the rest of the dirty politicians!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,699
    Given: 511
    I'm curious, at what point will people stop accepting things like this and stand up to them? Unfortunately it will turn violent but it's long overdue.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,798
    Given: 1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
    I'm curious, at what point will people stop accepting things like this and stand up to them? Unfortunately it will turn violent but it's long overdue.
    A great many people still think the government is there to help them. So..Yeah, it will keep happening.

Frequent Visitor to Sparta RaySendero's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 242
    Given: 8
    So what actually did happen?

Did they confiscate guns or not?

If so, how many? And how did they do it?
    Ray