Thread: Hurricane Irma

Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,932
    Given: 39,746

Hurricane Irma

This is huge storm, it could affect half the members off our board in Florida and the Carolina's. Be safe and prayers for everyone!

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weat...172232552.html
    Last edited by Tri70; 09-09-2017 at 08:27 AM.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,609
    Given: 0
    Hope everyone who will be affected by this storm has taken sufficient precautions to make sure their families and themselves stay safe. My sister-in-law, husband and their baby were in southern Florida all week. They finally were able to evacuate Thursday, but the issue they had as well as everyone else was finding gas. They got lucky and and found a gas station that had Premium left, which was enough to get them into Georgia. I was already making plans Thursday around noon to drive down there myself to get them if they were going to be stuck. My wife still has family that live in Sarasota that are going to be staying and riding this out.
    Praying for the safety of all involved!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,013
    Given: 3,984
    We can always hope that it becomes just a tropical storm before it hits land, and has no real damage in it's path
    Long Range, the next best thing to being there. If you are between 100 and 700 yards my Howa will determen your time and place of death. opaww

Lo there do I see my Father, Lo there do I see my mother, my brothers and sisters, Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning, They beckon to me come take my place in Valhalla, where the brave live for ever.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,288
    Given: 618
    I have lots of family, including my mother, in central FL just south of Ocala, they are all staying put.

Even though I live near Atlanta, I got my generator out and made ready to keep freezers and refrigerators going so I don't lose any deer meat, fish, etc.
    Last edited by Gator; 09-11-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Thumbs Up
    It looks like it will track on the west side of FL but still a Cat 4 for now.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,374
    Given: 23,876
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,288
    Given: 618
    The night the lights went out in Georgia.

Got the generator running to keep the fridges and freezer cold.

But I think the worst has passed. All things considered, we are in good shape.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,609
    Given: 0
    Glad to hear it Gator! Stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Now after Irma has passed and dissipated we have hurricane Jose Cat 1 off the east coast, possibly hitting Virginia. Not to be outdone is Maria at a Cat 5 in the Caribbean south of the islands that is of interest. Southern states be prepared, the storm may be the least of worries between the gov, looters, food, water, now ISIS is calling for lone wolf attacks.
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/