Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,073
    Given: 2,376
    Nice!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,049
    Given: 4,080
    Congratz
    Long Range, the next best thing to being there. If you are between 100 and 700 yards my Howa will determen your time and place of death. opaww

Lo there do I see my Father, Lo there do I see my mother, my brothers and sisters, Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning, They beckon to me come take my place in Valhalla, where the brave live for ever.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,635
    Given: 40,790
    Very nice Brad! Give us a range report!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,363
    Given: 1,507
    Will try to get out this next week to shoot. I have powder, primer, brass and projectiles but have yet to decide on which dies and optics. I have a couple hundred of factory 240XTP/
    Gravedigger

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Checked the trigger pull today. DA 10lbs 5ozs SA 2lbs 5ozs. Still have not put a live round down the barrel, nor ordered dies as of yet.
    Gravedigger

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by bradam View Post
    Checked the trigger pull today. DA 10lbs 5ozs SA 2lbs 5ozs. Still have not put a live round down the barrel, nor ordered dies as of yet.
    If you need some help shooting it, just send it to me!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,065
    Given: 3,367
    Congratz Brad! You're gonna love it!
    Member/Contributor
    NRA GRNC GOA SAF PVA DAV
    Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Finally ordered the dies. I dropped off the 44, as I am having a chest rig made. Am having the inside lined with some real soft deer skin.
    Gravedigger

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Well chest rig was finally finished. Turned out nice. IMG_0408.jpg
    Gravedigger

Thumbs Up
    Looks great! How comfortable is it?

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    Looks great! How comfortable is it?
    With the adjustable straps it fits very comfortable. The lamb wool pad on the shoulders help a lot. I like the snap that goes to my belt loop, which keeps it tight to my chest when bending over. I still need to oil the holster.
    Gravedigger

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    If you need some help shooting it, just send it to me!
    I may just do that. I still have not shot it yet. I have the optics (Weaver 2.5x8) and reloading supplies in stock. I ended up getting the lee deluxe 4 die set, 500 pcs starline brass, 500pcs 240gr. XTP projectiles. I have three powders to play with, one of which is 296. I do not remember off hand the other two. Spent 4 days last week at the cabin, am going again this afternoon. ( no internet, telephone, tv or contact with the outside world.) Perhaps next week I can make it go BAM.
    Gravedigger

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Still have not reloaded for it, nor installed the scope. I did take it up to the cabin a few days during deer and bear season. I ran about 30 rounds of factory rounds. I liked the single action, the double action not so much. Groups were crap but in honesty it is owner, just need to practice.
    Gravedigger

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,910
    Given: 756
    You may want to try a shooting stick like this one.http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    When using a heavy handgun they give you extra support and are very mobile. At least until you can handle it well enough. For hunting, they work great.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
    You may want to try a shooting stick like this one.http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    When using a heavy handgun they give you extra support and are very mobile. At least until you can handle it well enough. For hunting, they work great.
    Good idea. will look into that.
    Gravedigger