Thread: Something Different - I Cerakoted my 870 Express Magnum 20 GA

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,591
    Given: 735

Something Different - I Cerakoted my 870 Express Magnum 20 GA

I inherited this gun from my friend. It was surface rusted completely-like all crappy Remington shotguns produced today! The butt stock had been replaced at some point,and the one that was on the gun wasn't the correct stock for this frame,so I ordered a new stock from Numrich also.

I found a gun shop in Lake Worth,TX - Trinity Ordnance,they had the best prices in my area for Cerakoting. Plus,I received a 20% off coupon from them for signing up for their Email newsletter.
    With tax,it only cost me $103.91 to get the shotgun cerakoted. That's CHEAP! Most other places quoted me from $150 - $200 for the same job.

The color is Burnt Bronze,I wanted something other than Black,and I think it looks pretty damn good on it.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,524
    Given: 24,072
    holy shit ... that shotgun is gorgeous!!!

it could be just me, but are that foreend and buttstock different woods/finishes?
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,591
    Given: 735
    The fore end is the factory 870 Express cheap wood,the butt stock is real walnut for the 870 LW Magnum. I might order a new fore end stock to match it,but really don't care if they match.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,088
    Given: 40,015
    Very nice THB!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)