Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mueller Wildlife Refuge rebellion ...

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16,053
    Given: 24,641

Update

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...he-was-killed/

It’s been two days since law enforcement officers gunned down Oregon occupier Robert “LaVoy Finicum and the internet is awash with outrage, glee, solemness and mockery – along with the usual click-baiting misinformation.

Those on the left are celebrating the fact that the FBI finally moved in on the protesters, who had been occupying the federal Malheur Wildlife Refuge since January 2.

Those on the right are seething at what they see as a governmental assassination of a patriot who only wanted liberty and justice for all.

And that one witness to the shooting who claimed Finicum was killed with his hands in the air is being discredited as flaky, untrustworthy and opportunistic by sources from within the Oath Keepers organization, who have been in close contact with the occupiers since it began, and have also been communicating with PINAC throughout the evening.

There apparently is also a police dash cam video that shows Finicum not only charged at the cops, but also went for his gun, prompting them to shoot him dead.

Finicum, 55, a rancher from Northern Arizona, had always said he would rather die than give in to the demands of the feds, so apparently he remained true to his word.

The information about the alleged video comes from Oath Keeper Samuel Culper, who posted the following on his Facebook page.

oathkeeper.jpg
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up

Update

per the FBI - video footage of officer-involved shooting of Robert "LaVoy" Finicum on the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,686
    Given: 40,810
    The video looks like he has his hands up, I don't know if he was going for his gun. It was an ambush for him anyway!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,083
    Given: 2,386
    He definitely had his hands up when he bailed out of the truck and moved into the open, but he also very clearly begins reaching for something inside his jacket or around his waist area. He may have just been trying to expose his waist or open his jacket to show he was not armed, but who knows?

Thumbs Up
    I'd say that without audio of the encounter it's gonna be pretty hard to make a clear determination one way or the other.

Supporters of the ranchers are saying it was an execution

Law Enforcement are say it was a justified shooting

One thing is for certain ... this was a cluster**** from day 1
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Here is another video shows his hands up. I'll see if I can find the Oregon paper that gives the account of passenger girl that was with him.

If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,825
    Given: 1,052
    A lot of people saying he was shot in the shoulder and he is reaching for the wound which would be perfectly natural. You get bee stung you will instinctively reach for the harmed area. I wonder if the height of the point of view hides this or media is attempting to say different being the video really is a bad angle to really tell 100%. So many LEO have button cameras anymore. It would be that angle if it existed that would tell for sure just what happened here. As it stands they are ensured reasonable doubt and made sure dash cams where pointed in another direction. Nothing will happen here except for this being seen as a reason to escalate the situation on both sides. With militia already involved this might just get out of hand. The feds have a reason to dislike them and the militia guys already don't trust government. A perfect storm is brewing. Imagine all the people watching this that are just looking to anything to provide a tipping point reason. It looks like that will be provided by one side or the other pretty soon.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,751
    Given: 1,928
    From what I seen you shouldn't go reaching into your coat while turning towards the police chasing you. He should have laid down and told the officers he had a pistol and where it was at. If he would have done that he would still be alive.
    Disclamer: All views expressed by me are mine. They are not angry nor are they anyone else's views.

Thumbs Up

Update

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/loc...icted.html.csp

Ammon Bundy’s Eugene lawyers release jailhouse statement after Bundy is indicted

The Eugene attorneys representing Ammon Bundy said at a news conference Thursday that they have advised their client that he has the right to remain silent.

“But he continues to want to voice his political speech from jail,” said Lissa Casey, a member of the Mike Arnold law firm.

At that, Casey played a prerecorded statement that Bundy made on Thursday morning from the Multnomah County Jail in Portland, where he is incarcerated.

In the statement, Bundy said he is in solitary confinement and just learned that he has been indicted.

“I ask the question: What are people to do?” Bundy says on the recording. “This is what you get when government officials ignore the people. We exhausted all prudent measures to get government officials to investigate the abuses to the Hammond family. Tens of thousands of people understood injustices were taking place by government officials, and their petitions were ignored.”
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything ...

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,069
    Given: 66
    My opinion, looked like he got out with his hands up, was confused because he was being approached from several directions by feds (I'd ASSUME all barking orders at him), was shot, reached for the wound, and was shot some more.

I base this opinion on him turning several different directions (towards each fed approaching him) immediately preceding jerky movements while still having his hands raised.
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Thumbs Up
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up

Update

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...refuge-n516246

FBI Surrounds Remaining Protesters Occupying Oregon Refuge
    by ALEX JOHNSON

FBI agents have converged on the Oregon wildlife refuge where the last four followers of Ammon and Ryan Bundy remain holed up, the agency confirmed Wednesday night.

The FBI's Portland office said agents have been stationed at barricades in front of and behind the area of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge where the remaining occupiers are camping.

Negotiations were under way, and no shots have been fired, the bureau said.

The remaining occupiers are believed to be: David Fry, 27, of Blanchester, Ohio; Jeff Banta, 46, of Elko, Nevada; and Sean Anderson, 48, and Sandy Anderson, 47, a married couple from Riggins, Idaho.

"It has never been the FBI's desire to engage these armed occupiers in any way other than through dialogue," he said.
    except when they want to ambush someone and gun them down

live stream ...
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    I wonder if the Calvry will come?

Thumbs Up
    Why does the name David Fry from Ohio sound so familiar?
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Thumbs Up

Sportsmen Owe the Bundys a Thank You

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...src=SOC&dom=fb

As the last of the armed occupiers left the Malheur Wildlife Refuge in Oregon this week, many of their supporters said the fight would go on. And that’s the biggest lesson to be learned from this crisis for sportsmen—and all Americans who understand the importance of the public lands we own. We’re in a long-term fight.

If anything, we should thank the Bundy Family and the other misguided souls who mounted armed insurrection (also known as sedition) against our nation. Their outrageous acts uncovered just how deep support for their goals is anchored in a dangerous quarter: elected officials who are in a position to steal our property.

That fact hasn’t been lost on Land Tawney, executive director of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. “Now that the Bundys are in jail, it’s time to focus more on the politicians and fat cat industry executives bent on stealing our public lands,” said Tawney. “Those are the ones we should really go after.

“These are the people licking their chops, looking at ways to steal our public lands so they can exploit them for their own profit. That’s the danger this really exposed.”
    a good read and something to ponder
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Timber companies exploit public lands for hunting leases and line their own pockets here on a state level. That might be easier to fight than the Feds.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    Timber companies exploit public lands for hunting leases and line their own pockets here on a state level. That might be easier to fight than the Feds.
    While that is true, in my location it's more political/liability based. They're allowing people with guns to go hunt on the properties. These timber properties are near other homes. Accidents have happened, where houses have been hit by stray rounds, hikers have been shot by careless/negligent/unethical hunters... In my area, these AREN'T public lands. They're owned or leased by the timber companies. Charging an exorbitant lease/sub-lease to hunting clubs has reduced these accidents to almost non existent. They have also kept many timber companies in business while they were in danger of shutting down. This in turn keeps providing local jobs. Just a few short years ago, around 2008-2009, the bottom fell out of the timber market and shut down many companies.

On the plus side, in my area here and where I grew up in Mississippi, outside of deer season and timber harvests, no one cares if these lands are used as public lands. You can go hiking, atv riding, camping, small game hunting (should check that with any club leasing it, but they tend to only care about the deer hunting). So long as the land is respected and no fires are built.

The land is also sold cheap when they're done with it. And "done" doesn't mean it's completely exhausted, just means their lease has run out or production of good timber has declined.

In an area of $6,000-$14,000 per acre, $3,000 per acre is a real steal. Within city limits, it jumps to $100,000 per acre. And this is West fu**ing Monroe Louisiana. NOT Memphis or Nashville.

I have no problem with this. Where I live and have lived, timber companies are a blessing. The log trucks on the other hand... well, that's another story. In other areas/states, yeah, it's a lot less ethical.
    Last edited by SteelHorseCowboy; 02-16-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Thumbs Up
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build