Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: 22 ammo availability in your area?

  1. #1
    Spartan Elite hawkguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,076
    Given: 949

    22 ammo availability in your area?

    is anyone out of the 22 drought in their area?
    Last edited by hawkguy; 08-22-2015 at 01:47 AM.

  2. #2
    Si vis pacem, para bellum texaswoodworker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,147
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,969
    Given: 4,212
    People still shoot .22? I could have swore they stopped making that round years ago...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is none so blind as he who will not see

  3. #3
    Spartan Elite opaww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Radcliff, Ky.
    Posts
    1,134
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,079
    Given: 4,080
    It is still hard to come by here except for the over priced stuff
    Long Range, the next best thing to being there. If you are between 100 and 700 yards my Howa will determen your time and place of death. opaww

    Lo there do I see my Father, Lo there do I see my mother, my brothers and sisters, Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning, They beckon to me come take my place in Valhalla, where the brave live for ever.

  4. #4
    Spartan Elite hawkguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,076
    Given: 949
    Quote Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
    People still shoot .22? I could have swore they stopped making that round years ago...
    apologies, deleted
    Last edited by hawkguy; 08-22-2015 at 11:11 PM.

  5. #5
    Spartan Elite hawkguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,076
    Given: 949
    Quote Originally Posted by opaww View Post
    It is still hard to come by here except for the over priced stuff
    deleted
    Last edited by hawkguy; 08-22-2015 at 11:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Moderator Tri70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    9,910
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,919
    Given: 40,904
    One of the FB scalpers has quit robbing the shelves for the rest of us in my area, they are not getting the prices they are asking. There is hope, my cousin has 20K rds to sell off he got from a scalper. Some match ammo, Win M-22 moly coated, high velocity, and standard velocity. I have not shot much of any caliber lately because of kids sports, firework season for me, and weather.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

    21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

    "Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

  7. #7
    Spartan Elite vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic, NC
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,105
    Given: 3,393
    Hit in the Mom and Pop shops, miss in the big box stores around here...

    I guess it shows how many people are shopping locally since the chain stores are always dry, while the small private businesses have stock, sometimes A LOT in stock...

    The prices you ask? Meh...not what they used to be, not what a ****'s or Cabelas could afford to sell them for, but I get it. Most times, it's not such a huge markup and I have no problem shelling out a few extra pesos to keep the little guys in the black......but I know when they're gouging and those folks lose my business...

    You're right Hawk, this has been going on for a while now, and I doubt we'll ever see things get back to 'normal'...
    Member/Contributor
    NRA GRNC GOA SAF PVA DAV
    Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

  8. #8
    Si vis pacem, para bellum texaswoodworker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,147
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,969
    Given: 4,212
    Just imagine if the old hag gets elected next year...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is none so blind as he who will not see

  9. #9
    Moderator Tri70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    9,910
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,919
    Given: 40,904
    Quote Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
    Just imagine if the old hag gets elected next year...
    We would be looking for one of those trains Bigcountry keeps posting videoes on!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

    21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

    "Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

  10. #10
    Spartan Elite hawkguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,076
    Given: 949
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Hit in the Mom and Pop shops, miss in the big box stores around here...

    I guess it shows how many people are shopping locally since the chain stores are always dry, while the small private businesses have stock, sometimes A LOT in stock...

    The prices you ask? Meh...not what they used to be, not what a ****'s or Cabelas could afford to sell them for, but I get it. Most times, it's not such a huge markup and I have no problem shelling out a few extra pesos to keep the little guys in the black......but I know when they're gouging and those folks lose my business...

    You're right Hawk, this has been going on for a while now, and I doubt we'll ever see things get back to 'normal'...
    apologies, deleted
    Last edited by hawkguy; 08-22-2015 at 11:12 PM.

  11. #11
    Spartan Elite jpattersonnh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,031
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,929
    Given: 759
    We have no issues around here. Bass Pro has it all the time, to bad it is Remington. One of the local shops sells at decent prices, not great, but decent. BTW, this is not a box store and not a Mom & Pop store either. They have thousands of firearms and a decent amount of ammo. When all this silliness started, I would walk in and buy a few boxes of .44-40 at about 14.95 per 50. They always had .45LC also. Behind the register counter, they have a 20x8ft ammo selection. They have a powder vault, plenty of bullets, primers were short for a year or so, but not now. Lots of brass. The last 8lb keg of IMR 4064 cost me $110.00, it is 21.00 per pound now. .22lr, I still have a brick sitting under the desk I'm at that I bought 5 years ago for $16.00. I think I bought 10 bricks at the time. All different ammo, Subsonic, standard, hyper velocity, just a mix. All the ammo I use. Think I have maybe 3 left. We will see what happens when I run low. 1 type I really want are CCI .22 short hp sub sonic for the nuisense Squirrels. It is what I use in my 1952 JC Higgins(Marlin 100) and H&R target. I found a box in a safe and was so happy. But it is only 50. My youngest used an entire box one day when we were plinking. That kid loves the revolver.

  12. #12
    Spartan Elite Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    2,053
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,510
    Given: 2,779
    Aguila only down here. Not that I'm buying any of it - tried a little and had something like 2-3 duds per mag through my Ruger target pistol or 10/22 with 10 bangers. Hard primers? Damn' if I know but I'm just using what I stocked up on pre-Sandy Hook. That and the pellet guns. Haven't had a dud yet with those!

    On Hawkguy's original question, the big ammo wipeout was with Sandy Hook. Plenty available before then, but within a short time, *poof* it was gone like magic. Been a couple of times I thought .22's may be making a comeback but I've bought less in the entire 2-1/2 years since Sandy Hook than I did in an average month beforehand. Used to burn through it like there was no tomorrow. Not any more.

    Best,
    Grumpy

  13. #13
    Spartan Elite jpattersonnh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,031
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,929
    Given: 759
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Aguila only down here. Not that I'm buying any of it - tried a little and had something like 2-3 duds per mag through my Ruger target pistol or 10/22 with 10 bangers. Hard primers? Damn' if I know but I'm just using what I stocked up on pre-Sandy Hook. That and the pellet guns. Haven't had a dud yet with those!

    On Hawkguy's original question, the big ammo wipeout was with Sandy Hook. Plenty available before then, but within a short time, *poof* it was gone like magic. Been a couple of times I thought .22's may be making a comeback but I've bought less in the entire 2-1/2 years since Sandy Hook than I did in an average month beforehand. Used to burn through it like there was no tomorrow. Not any more.

    Best,
    Grumpy

    Odd, I tried Aguila (winchester equipment) and have had zero issues with Subsonic, Standard , and hyper velocity. The majority of what I have is Eley primed. Even the Centurion has been no issue. I have found it VG ammo, 100% fire and very accurate. My H&R Target revolver loves it. My Model 60 even cycles 90% of the subsonic LR. I'll take some pics of the bricks later.

  14. #14
    Spartan Elite Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    2,053
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,510
    Given: 2,779
    Like I said I'm damn'd if I know why it was such a loser, but it was. Still got a couple boxes left somewhere, maybe I'll make the effort to dig 'em out and try them next time I go to the range. Good Lord above only knows when that is, seems like every time I try to schedule range time something pops up.

    Best,
    Grumpy

  15. #15
    Spartan Elite jpattersonnh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,031
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,929
    Given: 759



  16. #16
    Spartan Elite jpattersonnh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,031
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,929
    Given: 759
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Like I said I'm damn'd if I know why it was such a loser, but it was. Still got a couple boxes left somewhere, maybe I'll make the effort to dig 'em out and try them next time I go to the range. Good Lord above only knows when that is, seems like every time I try to schedule range time something pops up.

    Best,
    Grumpy

    Grumpy, strange Sh!t happens.

  17. #17
    Spartan Elite Irish Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 90
    The .22 rimfire ammo is available and the prices are dropping. The CCI Tactical AR-22 Ammo is available no limit $19 dollars per 300 round box.

  18. #18
    Spartan Elite
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,274
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,696
    Given: 765
    I shoot several different type of Aguilla 22lr ammo,never had a problem with any of it. None of my 22's like to shoot the Hyper-sonic Aguilla,it may be fast,but it's not very accurate.
    Supplies around here are pretty good from what I've seen.I haven't bought any in years,I have about 15k rounds setting in ammo cans.

  19. #19
    Moderator Tri70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    9,910
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,919
    Given: 40,904
    Widener's has some deals on 22 LR, 17 HMR, and 22 WMR.

    http://us11.campaign-archive1.com/?u...b&e=5e47c4b830
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

    21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

    "Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

  20. #20
    A New Face in Sparta DDDWho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 8
    My Walmart had bricks of 500 Remington HP, Hi Velocity for $23 and change last week. They're sold out now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •