Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Beer/Libation thread.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 390
    Given: 43
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Jack View Post
    SSG Doc, Lad, have you no concern for your health? No fat meat, no chili peppers no single malt whisky? Green beans cold fish and flat beer will surely be your demise. Repent now!!!
    To my defense Salmon is a "fatty" fish and the butter, olive oil and two cheeses in the risotto should make up for the evils of the rice and greens.

The next night Carnitas were the meal, with peppers and onions. I skipped the beer that night, but my buddy had a Pacifico with lime.

The single malt highland scotch comes out on rare occasions when I feel I need to be snatched back from the edge of death and back into good health.

For me variety is the key word in my diet and favorite recipies. After traveling to several countries by submarine I've found my flavor palate has expanded considerably. I hunt down recipies to try to duplicate many of the favorite meals I've had. Can't find a good local supply of haggis to try to copy Country chicken I had in Edinburgh. I know it's not quite Irish, there Jack, but my Irish experience is limited to the airport in Shannon. I do appreciate a little Jameson's in coffee with some Bailey's which I tried on a layover there. I also understand the Irish distain for Scotch enough that the Scots don't use the 'e' when they spell Whisky, While the Irish do.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 90
    Well Ok you are forgiven. You can order ground internal organs and oatmeal AKA Haggis from a number sources. Shannon airport is nice but not a center of Celtic cooking. Go into town. Bunratty Castle is a neat 15th Century village. As for spelling Whisky it is more about England.

http://www.shannonheritage.com/Bunra...dievalBanquet/

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,206
    Given: 40,240
    Jim Bean Apple is very good!

C58EDFE2-43EF-43D5-89AE-137BC4B5B4CD.jpg
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Si vis pacem, para bellum texaswoodworker's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,912
    Given: 4,205
    Zombie thread alert.

Since 2015, I have gotten pretty familiar with quite a few alcohols. All I can say is, other than some of the fruitier ales, I cannot stand beer whatsoever. Even "good" German beer. I have found that I am definitely a fan of a good whisk(e)y though. Maker's Mark is my go to, but Jameson is damn good too. I've been wanting to try some Monkey Shoulder and Highland Park.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is none so blind as he who will not see

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,649
    Given: 24,236
    ever since the gallbladder surgery in Aug 16' i have had a love/hate relationship with beer

i still love beer

but i hate the wreckage it causes in my tummy
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Spartan in Training
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 856
    Given: 2,044
    TWW if you like Makers give the Evan Williams 1783 a try, I think it is better and half the price.
    Lately my go to Kentucky has been Benchmark No.8, made at the same distillery as Pappy and Buffalo Trace and very smooth on ice. At $8.99 for a 750ml it is a bit emabarassing to purchase but I get over it pretty quick.