Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Glocks

The Man on the Silver Mountain BigBlue79's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,695
    Given: 433
    Traded my Taurus 66 for this yesterday, Glock 17 Generation 2. It came with an ancient set of Tru-Dots, only one dot out of all three glow and one mag, also has the shitty NY trigger in it. Ordered a ZEV competition spring kit for it for $10(was on sale), I also found a set of Ameriglo GFB-103 sights on sale for $37 and some change, it's a red front fiber optic sight with a plain black steel rear sight. Gonna have to get more mags for it too..

These are the sights I bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AmeriGlo-GFB.../381609147854?

Ameriglo calls them "Special Combination" Sights.

Thumbs Up
    They recently released a new frame color, Battlefield Green:

Came across a factory grey one the other day too, thought that was a Lipsey's only special or Vickers Tactical only special....

Also found out they are making other models with the MOS system.

So far I've seen a 17, 19, 22 and 23 with the MOS system.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 391
    Given: 43
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue79 View Post
    Traded my Taurus 66 for this yesterday, Glock 17 Generation 2. It came with an ancient set of Tru-Dots, only one dot out of all three glow and one mag, also has the shitty NY trigger in it. Ordered a ZEV competition spring kit for it for $10(was on sale), I also found a set of Ameriglo GFB-103 sights on sale for $37 and some change, it's a red front fiber optic sight with a plain black steel rear sight. Gonna have to get more mags for it too..

These are the sights I bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AmeriGlo-GFB.../381609147854?

Ameriglo calls them "Special Combination" Sights.
    Nice. My 17 is a 2nd gen. Went withTrijicon sights and Ghost disconnector. It has become my "experimentation" platform. Experimented with coating the slide, stippling, cutting the grip to G19 size. I test cheap ammo and any new handloads I try in it.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    My 17 as it looks now:

Thumbs Up

Got the ZEV competition spring kit installed. Went and traded a buddy 2 1911 mags for 2 17 round Glock mags, so I have 3 mags now.

I won't be able to install the Ameriglo sights for a little while. I gotta buy a front sight tool and a rear sight pusher before I can.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    That actually looks tasteful Doc. Grip cut right and stippling isn't too harsh!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Thanks. I use the 17 for multi gun matches. And in GA/FL I was finding the 2nd gen grip would get a little slick. I used skateboard tape for a while and figured I could just go ahead and make it permanent once I figured out where I likedmy traction.

Thumbs Up
    So, for those interested in the .45 GAP, Mrgunsngear did a review/overview about a month or so ago on the Glock 37, here is that video:

Still not gonna buy one though. Ammo for the .45 GAP is like $45+ for 50 rounds here.. I can get .357 SIG cheaper than that.... lol

Thumbs Up
    Slowly but surely turning it into a range toy, my sight pusher FINALLY came in today after being delayed cause the idiots at USPS sent it from Commiefornia to Tennessee then to Oklahoma, even with priority mail 2 day, it shipped the 25th and didn't arrive til today..

A late buddy of mine let me borrow a sight pusher he had, it cost like $85 on Amazon, was made out of a piece of square steel tube, looked fairly well thought out and devised for what it was, but thought $85 was too high for it. It finally went down in price on Amazon but $63 was still too high. Was perusing EBay the other day and happened upon a listing from a place in Commiefornia that makes them and has been gunsmithing for like 15 years or more, came with 4 different sets of clamps for different slides(the one my buddy had didn't have that) the cost though? $35 and some change shipped!! So bought it, and it's excellent, very well made and worked like a charm:

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,785
    Given: 0
    Oh yes I did........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,904
    Given: 40,889
    Which model of Tupperware is that?
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    This would be the G43, Talo version......guaranteed to keep my ammo fresh for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Oops I Did it again.......

After a slight comparison between the 19X and the G45, I opted for the G45. Double stack 9mm that feels pretty good in the hand. Ameriglo sights. Going to try and get to the range this weekend and try it out....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,904
    Given: 40,889
    Nice looking piece!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,162
    Given: 2,453
    Nice! Have you decided whether or not you want to use one if the add on backstraps? I ended up using the smaller one with the beaver tail on my G19. Much more comfortable than my g3 models without the backstrap.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Krat View Post
    Nice! Have you decided whether or not you want to use one if the add on backstraps? I ended up using the smaller one with the beaver tail on my G19. Much more comfortable than my g3 models without the backstrap.
    I actually did add the thin beaver tail back strap the night I bought it. It does give it a slight better feel to me, plus looks nice. Many people I talk to do not like the front serrations on the slide but it doesn't bother me.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk