Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: the WTF news story of the day ...

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,886
    Given: 862

A New Face in Sparta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
    If I were the restaurant owners and employees, I'd get a class-action lawsuit going on that band so fast it'd make your head spin.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16,053
    Given: 24,641
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-sets...o-kill-spider/

SEATTLE -- A Seattle house was set on fire Tuesday by a man trying to kill a spider with a makeshift blowtorch, CBS affiliate KIRO-TV reports.

It happened around 8:30 p.m. Firefighters said the man who rented the house was trying to kill a spider in the laundry room with a can of spray paint and a lighter. The flames quickly spread through the room and into the attic.
    Kill-it-with-Fire-031.jpg
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Frequent Visitor to Sparta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 58
    Where in the hell does the TSA find these people???? The TSA is the main reason I avoid flying these days.
    Florida airport staff get lesson in nation's geography
    ORLANDO Fla. (Reuters) - Federal security officers at Orlando International Airport were getting a geography lesson this week after one failed to recognize the nation’s capital as part of the United States.
    The incident occurred over the weekend at the airport security checkpoint when an officer for the U.S. Transportation Security Administration initially refused to accept a passenger’s District of Columbia driver’s license as a valid form of identification, and asked for a passport.

Unfortunately for the TSA, the passenger happened to be a Washington, D.C.-based reporter for Orlando ABC affiliate WTSP which aired a story detailing the incident on Tuesday, attracting more media notice.
    WTSP declined to comment to Reuters, and the TSA also had little to say about the incident on Wednesday.
    “A valid Washington, D.C., driver's license is an acceptable form of identification at all TSA checkpoints,” according to a written statement from spokesman Ross Feinstein.

The reporter, Justin Gray, said in his broadcast that the officer told Gray he didn’t recognize the District of Columbia driver’s license before requesting a passport. Gray, who wasn’t traveling with his passport, said he queried the officer. “’Do you not know what the District of Columbia is? Washington, D.C.?’ After some back and forth, it became clear he didn’t,” Gray said.

Gray said he finally made it through security and complained to a TSA supervisor.
    Gray said a TSA spokesman told him that all officers at the Orlando airport will be shown a DC driver’s license. TSA agents, who are trained to detect fraudulent documents, check various forms of identification - including hundreds of federal, state, and international IDs of more than 1.8 million passengers at 450 airports nationwide daily, according to agency figures.

A national capital distinct from the states, which came to be called the District of Columbia, was provided for in the U.S. Constitution so that the government could take charge of its own security and needs. Its boundary, name and name of its city - Washington - were established in 1791-92 during George Washington’s presidency

Full story link; http://news.msn.com/offbeat/florida-...ions-geography

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,686
    Given: 40,810
    The border problem is a lot worse than hungry kids, many of them come to rob and steal from us!

"Over the years, I have repeatedly called on the federal government to live up to its responsibility of protecting this great nation by securing the border,” he added. “Since 2008, more than 203,000 criminal aliens have been booked into Texas county jails. … These individuals have committed more than 630,000 crimes — and that is in the state of Texas alone.”
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...under-assault/
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,073
    Given: 3,689
    We have the same problem at Calais with thousands of people trying to gain access to the UK.
    They have the whole of Europe to settle but risk everything to smuggle themselves into The UK to access our social security system.
    They live in tents with no support at all in France, if they make it here it is similar to Obama utopia everything is provided free of charge.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-Channel.html
    Ask and ye shall receive

Thumbs Up
    It is almost like the gov is allowing this to happen, it will expedite an economic crash by overloading the welfare system even more.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    The Southern border is letting illegals cross by the thousands, on the Northern edge, a group of Boy Scouts get a gun pointed at them by a border agent!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...at-u-s-border/

Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 110
    these newsbites just cannot be made up.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 110
    sorry - no link to this incident which happened in a 'burb of atlanta around 5-6 yrs back.
    a meter reader was sent to a home to cut of service due to non-payment and witnessed and smelled a terrible scene. dozens off housecats squalling and running around in the home. he got no answer to the door so went to a nearby neighbor's to inquire. the owner of the home an elderly woman had not been seen in some time and the neighbor had'nt checked on her.
    the law was called and forced the door. the old woman was dead and partially devoured by the cats.
    forgot the number but seems around 50 or so. filth was covering the floor and one room had dead cats in it. the door was shut.

Thumbs Up
    ^^I remember hearing about that one too!

Thumbs Up
    Does your ice cream melt? The WM brand may sit there a while, may not melt at all in 80 degree heat!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...t-shocked-her/

Thumbs Up
    It's Wal Mart ... what do people expect?
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,477
    Given: 2,756
    Crybaby Burglar

Since its in CT, the perp will probably get a slap on the wrist and be back to burglarizing homes as soon as he's out of juvie.

"Peer pressure" my ***. That mother****** knows what to say to get him off the hook with the damn' system already. Damn' lucky to be alive if you ask me.

Best,
    Grumpy
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 07-26-2014 at 03:00 AM.

Thumbs Up
    Maybe he can get his guns back or computer that was stolen before. I would have made the shite tell me where my other stuff was since it was the 3rd, most likely same guy.

Thumbs Up
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=24715670

A waterway in eastern China has mysteriously turned a blood red color.

Residents in Zhejiang province said the river looked normal at 5 a.m. Beijing time on Thursday morning. Within an hour, the entire river turned crimson. Residents also said a strange smell wafted through the air.

“The really weird thing is that we have been able to catch fish because the water is normally so clear,” one local villager commented on China’s microblogging site Weibo.
    or the really weird thing is that folks would continue to fish in a river that suddenly turned blood red
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,459
    Given: 673
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=24715670

or the really weird thing is that folks would continue to fish in a river that suddenly turned blood red
    Oh, so that is the origin of Red China!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,751
    Given: 1,928
    I hope you Jessie Ventura former WWF fake roided athlete feel good about yourself. Taking money from a widow and a fatherless child. You sir are just an amazing example of how people SHOULDN'T act. Mr. I think the government has a secrete time travel experiment. You are fracking nutcase and should be beat the eff down. I hope every Seal both current and former hunt you down and beat the every loving shit out of you.

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — A jury awarded former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura $1.8 million Tuesday in his lawsuit against the estate of “American Sniper” author Chris Kyle.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...-kyles-estate/
    Disclamer: All views expressed by me are mine. They are not angry nor are they anyone else's views.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,886
    Given: 862
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoDown View Post
    I hope you Jessie Ventura former WWF fake roided athlete feel good about yourself. Taking money from a widow and a fatherless child. You sir are just an amazing example of how people SHOULDN'T act. Mr. I think the government has a secrete time travel experiment. You are fracking nutcase and should be beat the eff down. I hope every Seal both current and former hunt you down and beat the every loving shit out of you.

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — A jury awarded former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura $1.8 million Tuesday in his lawsuit against the estate of “American Sniper” author Chris Kyle.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...-kyles-estate/
    Ventura needs numerous **** punches for being such a pud.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,113
    Given: 974
    Homeland Security agents raid home to seize Land Rover for violation of EPA regulations

This is the same Homeland Security that's letting thousands of disease-laden third-worlders, gang members and probably terrorists across our border daily, right? I'm glad they have their priorities straight.
    Hey Claire, are we still at that awkward stage?