Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: the WTF news story of the day ...

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16,055
    Given: 24,641
    https://news.yahoo.com/naked-oregon-...224545712.html

A naked man who had been running and doing push-ups in a Portland street was struck by a car and killed early on Sunday, police said.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,682
    Given: 40,804
    This is sick joke to play over someone loosing a video game on the internet, I'm sure the SWAT team loves this and probably get those violent video games banded!
    http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2014/04/2...g-phone-pranks

The phenomenon is known as “swatting.”
    More than 60 heavily armed officers were dispatched to a home in Long Beach, N.Y., an oceanfront community outside New York City, on what turned out to be a hoax. A caller using Skype contacted the Long Beach police on Tuesday afternoon, claiming that he had just killed his mother and brother and was threatening to fire upon first responders who were sent to the home.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    we're not in Kansas anymore Toto ... http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/k...012-08-04.html

Two New York boys are hospitalized after a strong gust of wind blew an inflatable bounce house high off the ground while they were playing inside it.
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,751
    Given: 1,928

Stupid News Story of the Day.

Girl kicked out of home school prom. Why because the dads were having pervy thoughts about her. I guess I must be immune to it working in a high school and all. I do know that as a teenage boy hardly any of my thoughts were pure when dealing with the opposite sex at that time.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/video/?...Prom/259196771
    Disclamer: All views expressed by me are mine. They are not angry nor are they anyone else's views.

Thumbs Up
    I think that dog would have to die, long live the cat tho!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    dog ... 22lr ... no more attacks

cats still suck!
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

The Man on the Silver Mountain BigBlue79's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,669
    Given: 433
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-34-ac...ry?id=23733214

A 34-year-old Texas woman pretended to be a high school sophomore for nearly an entire school year, fooling teachers, classmates and even the woman who took her in, school officials said.

“Everyone we talked to assumed she was a teenager like she said she was, because she looked like one,” Stuart Newlin, principal of New Life Christian School in Longview, Texas, told ABC News.

“She had friends," he said. "Everybody liked her.”

It’s not clear why Charity Anne Johnson, who was arrested this week, allegedly enrolled at the school in October as 15-year-old Charity Stevens.

“That’s the mystery. We have no clue,” Newlin said.

Johnson had no transcripts but said she had been home schooled, he added.

“She came in with a guardian; there was no reason to be suspicious,” Newlin said. “Usually, parents come in, they fill out the paperwork and we take their word for it. If they come from another school, you transfer records. If they come from home school, they don’t have those records.”

Thumbs Up
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-in...-blade-in-nyc/

Authorities say a pedestrian was injured when a circular saw blade at a New York City construction site came loose, flew about 100 feet through the air and struck her.
    that is one seriously lucky woman ... easily could have been killed
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,069
    Given: 66
    Not gonna lie, I would have dropped a load. I've seen what a stray saw of several different types can do, chainsaws, eveo broken chains on chainsaws, circle saws, band saws, the BIG TOOTHY bands on portable saw mills, and even a self induced injury by a drunken framer with a hand saw.

The very thought of a saw blade flying through the air at me like a whizzing, zinging frisbee of disembowelment makes me cringe.

There's a reason many people are more afraid of getting cut than they are of getting shot. I'm one of them. Worse cut I've ever seen was watching a two man team install plate glass windows. Top half somehow broke, and one of those poor fools tried to catch it.
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Thumbs Up
    a few years ago while on a jobsite one of those blades shattered ... sending pieces flying everywhere. the little bit that caught me in the side of the calf cut deep and hurt like hell

very lucky no one was seriously hurt
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,073
    Given: 3,689
    I am just thankful it was not me Angels_teu26.gif
    Ask and ye shall receive

Si vis pacem, para bellum texaswoodworker's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,944
    Given: 4,212
    That's scary as heck. Those things spin at pretty high RPMs. I'm surprised that it didn't cut her leg off. Thank God it didn't hit someone in the head or chest. I doubt they would have survived.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is none so blind as he who will not see

Thumbs Up
    Hang on ... http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...602-story.html

A sharp gust of wind turned bounce-house fun into a danger chamber for two small children who were slightly injured when the inflatable enclosure was tossed hundreds of feet across a field during a lacrosse game in Colorado.
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Ah, the good ole' days ... http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/9mm-t.../05/id/575476/

A loaded 9mm gun was found in a Target toy aisle in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

when you could walk into your local store and buy a firearm
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Take a hard look kids because even a 10yo can graduate High School ... http://abcnews.go.com/US/10-year-gen...ry?id=24078913

Home schooled since the age of 7, Tanishq passed a state exam in March that certified he had met the appropriate academic standards to receive his diploma.

“It wasn’t easy because of the bureaucracy, but I have put a lot of hard work into this and I am very happy that I am finally graduating high school,” Tanishq told ABC News.

Abraham is powering ahead, scoring well on the SATs and finishing up the community college classes he has been taking since he was 7 years old. “I am going to finish my community college by almost next semester and then I will have my associate’s degree, after that I will transfer to university,” he said.
    you better cure cancer kid!
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    buried in trash ... http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/06/15/...of-junk-police

A 66-year-old Connecticut woman was found dead in the basement of her home after the first floor collapsed under the weight of a waist-deep pile of newspapers, bottles and other household detritus, local police said on Sunday.
    this is a behavior I will never understand
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,069
    Given: 66
    Can't help but wonder if you saw my comments on my boss when you found this article. I'm sharing it with him for sure.
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Thumbs Up
    it's like Mad Max there in Canada ... http://gawker.com/woman-who-helped-d...e-l-1594193628

The case's prosecutor, Annie-Claude Chasse, told the court, "What we hope is that a clear message is sent to society that we do not stop on the highway for animals. It's not worth it."
    So had the woman hit an animal, lost control of her car, and was killed in an accident ... than it would be ok?
    Last edited by Dog; 06-28-2014 at 12:41 PM.
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    A woman gets beat up by 3 teen girls in a park, no one tries to stop them. I wonder how many times they get away with this crap!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...lookers-react/

Thumbs Up
    Dad claims he forgot to drop the kid off at daycare before work. The kids sits in the car and dies of excrusiating death of heat exhaustion. This looks very suspicious on the dad's part if he was looking at car temps killing people or animals online. The mom not blaming the dad sounds suspicious on her part! Then to here it reported he went out at lunch into his vehicle. I don't understand how she can be so forgiving unless she knew what was going to happen.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...-up-right-now/