Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,088
    Given: 40,013
    If your going to keep old relic guns and machine guns, I would have hid them better. It does suck that he never committed a crime with any of them and they will probably throw the book at him.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,945
    Given: 66
    "well sir, ya see, there was this boat. The Covfefe."
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Thumbs Up
    They can’t keep track of illegals or criminals, psychos, crooked politicians! How do they expect to keep track of your paperwork on guns?
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Regular in Sparta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,158
    Given: 43
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    They can’t keep track of illegals or criminals, psychos, crooked politicians! How do they expect to keep track of your paperwork on guns?
    Oh, well, they expect you to. The gubment can be $20 trillion in debt, but you lose your tax records from 2015, and the IRS will be on you...

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,945
    Given: 66
    Junior's b-day present. Great grandad's hatchet, new handle of course. Took some serious cleaning.
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Regular in Sparta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,158
    Given: 43
    Not packing my bags yet, but got a really good call back from my interview... No details on what it is, but it involves guns, and I want to do it.

Thumbs Up
    That’s a great gift SHC!

Good luck Fred! Take any gun job you can get!

Spartan in Training
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 794
    Given: 1,947
    That is a nice gift man, I have my Granddad's old double bit ax, no telling where he got it.
    Last edited by Krat; 12-01-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,524
    Given: 24,072
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Spartan in Training
    Thumbs Up
    Jerry Brown and the judge for the Steinle case should both be shot on a pier.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Krat View Post
    Jerry Brown and the judge for the Steinle case should both be shot on a pier.
    Accidently of course!

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,591
    Given: 735
    I'm going to a "Meet & Greet" shoot tomorrow that another forum is having. It's at a private membership only shooting range just down the road from where I work. The weather is going to be great,and I'm going to shoot out to a mile on their long range with my Creedmoor's,if I get a chance to. Their range goes out to 1900 yards!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,005
    Given: 3,267
    Member/Contributor
    NRA GRNC GOA SAF PVA DAV
    Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
    I'm going to a "Meet & Greet" shoot tomorrow that another forum is having. It's at a private membership only shooting range just down the road from where I work. The weather is going to be great,and I'm going to shoot out to a mile on their long range with my Creedmoor's,if I get a chance to. Their range goes out to 1900 yards!
    That will be real exciting! Can’t wait to hear how it goes!

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    What a great freakin day!!!
    I went to the Meet & Greet today,most of the guy's don't shoot long range,so only one other guy and myself went long. The range we were on went from 700 yards out to 2000 yards,that's a LONG ways when you're looking out at the gongs with only your eyes.

Just above the tree line on the right side near the bottom of the pic is the 700 yard gong,and way out there near the top of the pic,the larger target is 1793 yards - a little over 1 mile,then there are a couple more behind it.

My ballistics dope was dead on for all of my loads in both 6.5 Creedmoor's. Hitting steel from 700 to 1200 yards was pretty easy,but the wind was really changing directions going up the far hill. I rang steel out to 1500 yards,but couldn't connect with the 1793 yard gong on the half dozen shots I tried. The wind whooped my ass on that range!

I can't shoot prone anymore. It makes me hurt too much,I'm glad I brought my tripod rest and a chair,this rifle rest ROCKS!

Thumbs Up
    That’s a nice set up THB! Did the others shoot at the 700-1000 yd targets? How many folks came to you meet and greet?

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    That’s a nice set up THB! Did the others shoot at the 700-1000 yd targets? How many folks came to you meet and greet?
    Thanks,There were 10 or 11 guy's that came to the M&G,but only one other guy shot with me on this range. He's also a member of the range.
    He was having some problems with his Savage 110 BA Stealth 300 WM,we couldn't get it zero'd. He shot his RPR 6.5 Creedmoor,but was upset from messing with the other rifle so he didn't shoot out past 1200 yards.

Most of the other's were shooting AR's and pistol's. I think one guy said he was going to shoot at the range across from where we were meeting at,it went out to 900 yards.
    He said he'd never shot past 300 yards,and wanted to shoot out to 500 if he could hit it.

After we shot long range,we went back over to the tactical range and I let everyone shoot my suppressed 22's. They had fun shooting my 10/22,and both of the S&W pistol's in quiet mode!

Spartan in Training
    Thumbs Up
    Sounds like a great day and successful even if you didn't connect at a mile. 1500yd is no pop shot

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Krat View Post
    Sounds like a great day and successful even if you didn't connect at a mile. 1500yd is no pop shot
    Yeah, it was really fun. I don't get many chances to shoot a mile, it just sucked we couldn't see where the shots were hitting. My dope was dead on for the distance, but the wind was giving us hell out that far.