Page 374 of 382 FirstFirst ... 364365366367368369370371372373374375376377378379380381382 LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,480 of 7634

Thread: Random Thoughts

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,434
    Given: 40,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    We are having a cold winter this year, tomorrow highs are 15-19 deg with low at 6 deg. Good hunting weather!
    Woke up to 4 deg temps!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,010
    Given: 66
    Got a phone call a bit ago. Burning trash can.
    Well y'all need to call them folks who put out fires!
    THAT'S WHO IT WAS!
    Oh I got mad. Heck naw I ain't messin with no trash can fire! That's so far outside my responsibilities, and so far INSIDE theirs... that's literally their job description! "Put out fires."
    I mean, among other things too. Prevention, education, stuff like that... first aid... but "PUT OUT FIRES" or stop them from spreading and causing more damage, is their primary job. Every thing else takes a back seat. I have seen these folks leave a parade, to go handle a fire.
    I have seen our local celebrities, get completely abandoned! So they could go put out a fire in a ditch.
    Siren went off, the Duck Commanders were suddenly standing there with nothing but the secretary and their camera crew.

Wooo I got loud. So she put someone higher up on the phone. I got louder. More profane. And so did he. Then I said "You forget I'm literally right next door to you? Come MAKE ME do your job, I f**king DARE you."

Dude hung up. I'm standing in my office, shaking cause I was so mad. I was coiled tighter than a rattlesnake making sweet love to a watch spring. I was ready to lay into this sumbitch the moment he walked in my door.
    Then my phone rang again. My boss man, who's out of town today. Y'all know he's one of my biggest sources of aggravations, and also the only reason I'm still here.

I told him my side of the story, since "someone" had already called him and told their side.
    He said "Don't worry bout it, I'm'a call this motherf**ker back!"
    Then he says, "Do NOT go out to check on that. That's not a precedent we're going to set."
    We talked about how we don't get paid enough for what's in our job description, and definitely not enough for the extra stuff, and he said we're DAMN SURE not going to take on trash can fires when those asses get paid over twice as much as we do for specifically that very thing.
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Thumbs Up
    You could go over and kick over the fire to make it worse, then the FD would have to come because you are not “trained “ for the situation. ;D
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,414
    Given: 2,411
    Dude, you should have lobbed a Molotov cocktail in there and then said you though you were supposed to fight fire with fire.
    μολὼν λαβέ

http://www.molonlabeforum.com
    "Gun Forums"

Si vis pacem, para bellum texaswoodworker's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,937
    Given: 4,212
    Alcohol looks a lot like water. Just saying.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is none so blind as he who will not see

Thumbs Up
    If I ever catch one of the lazy SOBs who keep throwing their trash in the back of my truck, I'm going to nail that trash dead center on the hood of their ****ing car.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Krat View Post
    Very nice bench man and as well as you already have it stocked it looks like you really needed it.
    That's a great Christmas gift to yourself.
    That's not even all of it.

My old bench was only 2'x4', so this is definitely an improvement.

Thumbs Up
    Someone opened the door to my house and closed it as soon as the dogs started barking, my oldest daughter was home at the time and heard the door open and shut. We a golden inside dog and a golden and mutt outside dogs. We were at a ball game and came home soon after. Could have been a friend or family member that got scared off.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,650
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    Someone opened the door to my house and closed it as soon as the dogs started barking, my oldest daughter was home at the time and heard the door open and shut. We a golden inside dog and a golden and mutt outside dogs. We were at a ball game and came home soon after. Could have been a friend or family member that got scared off.
    I don't have friends or family members that are just welcome to walk into my house.
    Glad nothing bad came out of it and everyone is safe. Better give them dogs some extra treats for a job well done!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,675
    Given: 762
    Quote Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
    If I ever catch one of the lazy SOBs who keep throwing their trash in the back of my truck, I'm going to nail that trash dead center on the hood of their ****ing car.

I did it!!!

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 962
    Given: 2,200
    Lock those doors at all times, home invasions happen all too often these days. You might also think about getting a Ring doorbell, $200, easy to setup and will tell you who was at the door whether they ring the doorbell or not.
    I have been amazed at how many people knock on my door during the day when no one is home. Mostly solicitors, but at least I have them on video.

Thumbs Up
    I may get the video, the dogs are great but we do have people that walk a lot in our neighborhood.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    If you get the Ring, there is a phone app that uses the IP address of your unit to be able to receive alerts for your area. Different folks will post videos of suspicious folks at their doors. Mostly just solicitors that look a little rough around the edges, but several a week in my area of people trying the doorknob before ringing the bell.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
    I did it!!!
    You bastard! I knew it!

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    It's decision time.
    After 35 years of bouncing around in a 18 wheeler,I'm going to call it quits at the end of February. I've got everything paid off,and it's time to enjoy the rest of my life doing fun stuff!

My life long best friend has wanted me to work for/with him building hot rods and restorations at his shop for years. I've helped him with a bunch of fabrication and design work on a bunch of cars,and we've built custom cars and motorcycles since we were teenagers.
    He wants to get out of the collision repair side of paint & body,and go strictly to doing restorations and building hot rods. He has plenty of work,plus knows some very wealthy people with large car collections that always want them restored.
    Here's one of the Concours d'Elegance award winning cars that he's done a ground up restoration on -

http://www.concoursoftexas.org/imgs/...images1/c3.jpg

The only problem I have is his shop is 50+ miles away from where I live,and I hate driving in all the damn Dallas/Ft.Worth traffic. But,This is hard to think about passing up!

Thumbs Up
    It would be great to work 2-3 days a week then do fun stuff!

Thumbs Up
    Congrats on the retirement THB. Like Tri said, 2-3 days a week wouldn't be that bad, especially if you enjoy doing it. Plus, you can shoot all day every day the rest of the week.

Thumbs Up
    I quit my job. Just couldn't do it anymore. I can handle shitty jobs, I've done it before, but when my hands are tied, and the people who tied my hands would rather screw around instead of doing their damn job, that's where I draw the line. I can't do my job when they don't do theirs. That's not even mentioning all the other crap you have to deal with on a daily basis. The shitty employees, the even shittier customers, the conflicting directions you keep getting from management (sometimes the same person) It's just a toxic environment to work in, and you gain nothing from doing it. Life's too short to do something that makes you dread getting up in the morning. It kept me away from my family (got to go home maybe once a month), the pay sucked, and was starting to impact college. My tax refund will be enough to last me until the end of the semester.

Yep, I'm happy now.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
    Congrats on the retirement THB. Like Tri said, 2-3 days a week wouldn't be that bad, especially if you enjoy doing it. Plus, you can shoot all day every day the rest of the week.
    I won't be retiring from anything. Hell,I'll probably work more hours than I do now,but it will be more fun.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Good luck to both of you guys.