Results 7,701 to 7,720 of 7729

Thread: Random Thoughts

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,630
    Given: 40,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    RIP Bandit.

Burt Reynolds dead at 82.

From what I could tell, he lived a fun life. Not without ups and downs, but overall a great run.

Everyone wanted a Bandit car!

A3F0120C-C364-446A-8EE4-5C4AF9B9D602.jpg
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,072
    Given: 2,376
    RIP to the original Gator, Gator McKluskey. He did seem to have a pretty fun life.

Thumbs Up
    I have 3 game cameras, 2 Realtree and 1 Tasco. The Tasco sucks batteries like crazy! I’m going to see if I can exchange it.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,688
    Given: 765
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    I have 3 game cameras, 2 Realtree and 1 Tasco. The Tasco sucks batteries like crazy! I’m going to see if I can exchange it.
    Browning trail cameras are the best bang for the buck.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
    Browning trail cameras are the best bang for the buck.
    I’ve had good luck with the Realtree brand, 1 set of batteries has taken over 500 pictures on one, $50 well spent.

Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,067
    Given: 66
    Found a Remington R1 10mm for $800...
    Wish I had use for one and $800 to spare.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,446
    Given: 669
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    I’ve had good luck with the Realtree brand, 1 set of batteries has taken over 500 pictures on one, $50 well spent.
    I have one Bushnell and one Moultrie. Both seem to be doing ok.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I have one Bushnell and one Moultrie. Both seem to be doing ok.
    I was looking to get a couple more cameras and our Atwood’s farm store had a deal on Stealth cams, trade in your old one and get $15 back on a camera $99.99 or less and $30 back on $100 or more. They have a 3 pack for $130 and it qualifies for the $30 trade in, I grabbed the Tasco and got 3 new cameras, I only paid $40 for the Tasco.

Thumbs Up
    My hog came back around my stand again last weekend, maybe I can get him this year.

8346FEC6-B7EF-4107-90C3-302B6F72BC74.jpg

Thumbs Up
    It’s always fun to go out and check the game cameras, I had 2 bucks on this and using Moton ice cream salt only. This last week I added range cubes, beat pulp and peanut butter!D6AA45FF-5831-42E4-B3BE-832C583E2ED0.jpg

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Nice. Do you guys use timer/thrower corn feeders up there?

Thumbs Up
    A lot of guys use corn, one guy was going to grab 5 bags and put them back. He said the deer he has were eating 2000 Lbs a week! I don’t have a feeder yet but looking to get a 55 gallon drum and put a slinger on it. The oak trees didn’t drop many acorns this year, deer love those, especially the white oaks, they are big.

Thumbs Up
    I’ve been using this in preseason because we still have a lot of green on the trees and grass, works great so far for 2 boxes at $4/week.
    A772F64D-6975-4994-B29A-83BE78ED96B7.jpg

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    That's odd that you don't have an acorn with crop this year. I know they are cyclic like other nut bearing trees, but down here this year is a bumper crop, more acorns in my yard right now than grass. Even closer to you up in Northeast Texas where my parents live there are tons of acorns this year. Even if you had them, they will probably be soured on the ground soon with all the rain.
    We didn't grow up with corn feeders, but the last 30 yrs we have hunted over them. Kind of changed the activity from hunting to waiting, but you do see alot of wildlife. Mice and other rodents bring in owls and hawks, plenty of pig activity and the does draw the bucks. Also a good way to draw deer for game cam photos for preseason scouting.
    Haven't ever tried the rock salt, but we have used the mineral lick blocks on occasion. Good luck this season, hope to see a photo of a bruiser down.

Thumbs Up
    Gonna take my boy and his friends squirrel hunting tomorrow, may get out early and see if I can get a buck or a pig.

Thumbs Up
    My boy and his friends never replied to my offer to go hunting but I went out to my stand and didn’t see anything, the game cameras had several deer from mid-day to late evening. I got there around 7 am to 10:30 and took my daughter to a college soccer game to meet some coaches. They probably came in after I left.
    I did get a cool tool, a wireless endoscope with 33 ft cable. Use it to look down into my truck defrost vent and pull out a piece of plastic jamming my defrost vent. It’s waterproof and can be use for a bore scope. It WiFi”s to your phone so you can record pictures or video.

C1F00BA3-D82B-4F6B-869A-BB205A9FB476.jpg

Thumbs Up
    Wife and love to go for drives on the country backroads this time of year, love the fall in the Ozarks.

AB195960-4B2E-403A-95D0-07003A9C0A25.jpg
    Last edited by Tri70; 10-29-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Thumbs Up
    CBS took a look at how heavily armed each state was per capita, this is not real conclusive but interesting they looked ATF records. Arkansas ranks 2nd to Alaska, good news for us!

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/10/2...is-your-state/

Thumbs Up
    Good guy wins this gun fight!

By WBRC Staff|October 28, 2018 at 4:52 AM CDT - Updated October 30 at 9:48 AM BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - Authorities have identified the masked man killed after entering a Birmingham McDonald’s and opening fire.

The man shot and killed has been identified as Antonio Demond Sanders of Birmingham. He was 24.

The shooting took place at the McDonald’s across from Princeton Hospital. Sanders entered the restaurant when an employee opened the door for a father and his sons to leave.

Sanders then opened fire in the restaurant. At that point, the father began shooting at him.

https://www.wbrc.com/2018/10/30/mask...ds-identified/