Page 389 of 390 FirstFirst ... 379380381382383384385386387388389390 LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 7783

Thread: Random Thoughts

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,488
    Given: 2,763
    This one ****es me off: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Bu...502860251.html

Hope they get their dog back. Any lowlife that would steal part of your family deserves to go feet first down a woodchipper. Hangin's too good for him.

Grumpy

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,757
    Given: 40,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    This one ****es me off: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Bu...502860251.html

Hope they get their dog back. Any lowlife that would steal part of your family deserves to go feet first down a woodchipper. Hangin's too good for him.

Grumpy
    My wife thinks someone tried to take our golden, it would have been tough tho, she can be protective and mean when she wants. I hate thieves, especially dog ones!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    My wife thinks someone tried to take our golden, it would have been tough tho, she can be protective and mean when she wants. I hate thieves, especially dog ones!
    Keep an eye on your golden, protective or not some people are real lowlifes. I really need to get better security over here myself, we have one dog we've had forever and the three kittens we got earlier this year to replace the cats someone poisoned in our yard. Now our dog only goes outside under direct supervision to make sure there's nothing left in our yard and the kittens are indoor cats. Damnation it would break my heart if anything happened to 'em while we were out. That's part of why stories like this resonate over here.

Really do hope they get their dog back.

Grumpy

Thumbs Up
    Saw a flock of turkeys moving along side the road down from our property. Now if I could get them worked down to our property....

6C48A013-A17D-434C-9AEF-6FF5A60995CB.jpg
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,750
    Given: 0
    Saw a flock of turkeys moving along side the road down from our property. Now if I could get them worked down to our property....

6C48A013-A17D-434C-9AEF-6FF5A60995CB.jpg
    That would definitely make a few sandwiches!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Does anyone shoot the 124 gr bullets thru 9mm pistols?

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,115
    Given: 2,441
    I buy NATO 124gr for my CZ75, they seem to have less issues than 115gr. Rugers and Glocks seem to shoot both just fine.

Thumbs Up
    I want to reload some and try them out.

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,115
    Given: 2,441
    Aside from them working better in my CZ, I can't tell the difference when firing them in any other handgun.

Thumbs Up
    I drove across Arkansas to Memphis and back, it was 75 deg in Little Rock! Calling for snow Saturday.

Thumbs Up
    Super moon eclipse will happen Jan 20/21, the moon will appear red that can be seen by north and South American.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startsw...e-in-19-years/

Thumbs Up
    Does anyone shoot the 124 gr bullets thru 9mm pistols?
    I've used M882 and NATO loads for years, mostly out of M9's and Glocks. They work. I avoid anything hotter than Winchester White Box 115gr through alloy framed P1's though. While I really like that gun, its recoil spring system isn't really set up for snappier loads and the alloy frames have a bad rep for cracking when abused.

Hot loads like ZQI 124 gr 9x19 have a little more zip to 'em, but nothing a man can't handle. They're all less forceful than my preferred .45 Colt and .45 ACP loads....

Grumpy
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 01-16-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Thumbs Up
    I wondered about how hard they would be on poly frames, I see the 124 and 147 gr offerings. I didn’t know how popular they were for a go to EDC. I reload 115 gr and have bought some 147 gr fo SD.

Thumbs Up
    Shooters Pro Shop has 124 gr tipped +P SD rounds on sale $20/20 and free shipping on $99+, you would want a strong gun to handle the extra.

http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosle...ammo-20ct.html

Thumbs Up
    I wondered about how hard they would be on poly frames, I see the 124 and 147 gr offerings. I didn’t know how popular they were for a go to EDC. I reload 115 gr and have bought some 147 gr fo SD.
    I also used to run 147gr Hydra-Shok in 9x19 through Berettas, never had a lick of trouble with them either. Used 'em in G17 and G19 as well, but that's more something I was doing back in the '90's. These days 147 gr subsonics are passe', but I do like the extra penetration you get. Favorite self defense load is still good old fashioned 255 gr soft lead RN from a Peacemaker, but I'm a traditionalist.

Grumpy

Thumbs Up
    I’ve noticed the 40 S&W ammo offerings the 180 gr as a standard load now too, I’m really comfortable with my 155 gr loads.

Thumbs Up
    Getting a light snow today, first one this winter.

Thumbs Up
    Trumps letter to Pelosi!

Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.
    I look forward to seeing you soon and even more forward to watching our open and dangerous Southern Border finally receive the attention, funding, and security it so desperately deserves!

Thumbs Up
    Had a good time this afternoon, did some coyote hunting but did see anything but a game warden. Had a nice chat, I was legally hunting and he was checking me out. After that I went to my sisters house and met her new boyfriend, great guy that loves to shoot! He has some nice bolt guns that reminds me of THB. He shoots out to 500 and up to 1000 and beyond. We talked guns for a couple of hours!

Thumbs Up
    Burglar caught by a hidden GPS.

According to a recent article by Georgia Outdoor News, a dirty rotten crook cut the lock at a hunt club in Wilkes County, GA and began helping himself to whatever he wanted, about a year ago. The hunter teamed up with Investigator Jason Gaddy of the Sheriff’s Department, and decided to gamble some more expensive gear in order to track down the thief.

During a meeting with Gaddy in February 2018, the hunter shared that he had plans to install a GPS tracking device into a cooler valued at $200, and that he would leave the cooler at his hunting camp. If someone stole the cooler, the hunter would be notified from a smart phone app that the cooler was moving. The hunter would then call Gaddy. It was a perfect plan.
    https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/01/2...ab-camp-thief/