Page 367 of 370 FirstFirst ... 357358359360361362363364365366367368369370 LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,340 of 7392

Thread: Random Thoughts

Si vis pacem, para bellum texaswoodworker's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,852
    Given: 4,201
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHorseCowboy View Post
    Sounds like a cool set of courses.

Opinion question to all:
    If your coworker is out doing some light shopping (plastic worms, weights and more hooks at the bait store) and heavy window shopping (damn that's a nice boat), and when they get back to the office...
    And you ask them "Where you been? Watcha been doing? Whatcha got there?"
    And they say "Somewhere else. Minding my own business."
    Is that a hint, or an open invitation to continue questioning?
    And, for your instructors TWW, if that coworker sets the bag down and goes to take a piss, and you start digging through the bag, do you have a right to get mad when he comes in holding a yard stick like a samurai sword and slaps the ever loving shit out of your hands with the flat side?

It's no big secret. Hell, I just told the damn internet I've got worms. I'm just tired of folks being nosy as hell.
    I take the "minding my own business" comment to be a pretty strong hint. Going full nun on their ass seems to be warranted.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is none so blind as he who will not see

Thumbs Up
    More and more I'm considering walking off this ****ing job without having another one to go to.
    Every couple of weeks we're tasked with more duties that fall outside of our actual job, so that now we're at the point where we're doing more shit that's not our job, than the shit that IS our job. And when the subject of pay raises comes up, we're told "No, we're not paying you for that, it's not your job."
    So then we quit doing the shit that's not our mother****ing god damn job, and we're threatened with termination for not doing the shit we don't get paid for because it's not our job.

And they STILL manage to get away with putting us on the fire department's payroll for holidays, which ****s us out of any overtime we'd accumulate if we hit 40+ on or before the holiday. I don't know how the **** it's considered legal, but apparently it is. Let me say that again, WE ARE BEING PUT ON ANOTHER DEPARTMENT'S PAYROLL TO AVOID PAYING US OVERTIME ON HOLIDAYS. And that's on top of our department being required by state and federal law to have someone on duty 24/7. So on top of the ****ed up practice of putting us on someone else's payroll, the payroll paperwork actually shows my department being technically unstaffed on holidays.
    And they have the audacity to try and tell us they're doing us a favor, like we haven't researched the law?

And these mother****ers wonder why I'm so ****ing hateful.
    It seems to me that it's time to take their game and throw it out the window. Get everything in writing, get as much dirt on them as possible, and possibly get in contact with a lawyer. You're more than likely going to ruffle a few feathers doing this (if they find out), but it sounds like you're fed up with the job anyways. I'm no lawyer but it sounds like you have quite a few legitimate grievances against them. I would find another job and then sue the bejeesus out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred_G View Post
    I got a Rem Wingmaster you can borrow...
    That is a wonderful shotgun.

Thumbs Up
    In other news, I finally got a job, at Wally World. They have good benefits, decent pay, and will work with my school schedule. They'll also transfer me to the Walmart back at home during the summer so I can keep a constant job going. I'm excited about that. I get a $1.00 pay raise in 90 days too.

The managers and resource officers I met were all really nice and seemed like they took good care of their employees. I'm think I'm going to like working there.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,924
    Given: 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred_G View Post
    I got a Rem Wingmaster you can borrow...
    I may take you up on that!

TWW, I want nothing more than to find another job, but that's been an even bigger challenge than putting up with the bullshit.
    And I thought you've already worked for walmart in the past?
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Thumbs Up
    I may take you up on that!

TWW, I want nothing more than to find another job, but that's been an even bigger challenge than putting up with the bullshit.
    And I thought you've already worked for walmart in the past?
    I used to work for Dollar General. They didn't have PTO time, no discounts, no real benefits to speak of. Upper management were cheapskates and treated their employees like criminals. They were paranoid we would steal from the store. We were usually understaffed, overworked, and certainly underpaid. If it wasn't for the manager I had, I wouldn't have stayed. When I quit, I was making $8.25 an hour as a shift manager. I'm going to be making $9.00 as a cashier now, and will move up to $10.00 in 90 days with full benefits. Walmart is just a better place to work period.

Regular in Sparta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,144
    Given: 41
    I have a job interview scheduled for the end of the month. Wish me luck!!!

And SHC, let me know if you want to go.

Thumbs Up
    We're planning on going tomorrow, probably afternoon.
    Payday wasn't that great to me today though. Only reason I'm able to go to the range is because I get to use it for free and have a small stockpile of ammo, but their skeet range isn't free.

Planning on taking my 44, the 22s, and the bolt actions.
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,483
    Given: 24,020
    208hrs work in the past 2 weeks ... I'm tired
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,023
    Given: 39,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    I hope your compensated for that! That's too much work! I gladly left a job I worked 300 hrs in 3 weeks!
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,566
    Given: 729
    Is that all ! You need to get you ass busy, you're falling behind.

I'm glad I have all my stuff paid off, they're lucky I even come to work anymore.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,483
    Given: 24,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    I hope your compensated for that! That's too much work!
    salary ...
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,632
    Given: 0
    salary ...
    Holy f**k me running!! There is no way!Salary would only take it so far, then they better start coming up with another way of lining my pockets.....

Absolutely ridiculous on the company's part! Hang in there Dog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    That's why I really don't want a salary job. Anytime a company pays salary, they always seem to abuse the employee's time. 208 hours is taking it way too far.
    Sounds like a 16 day payed and free vacation is in order at the very least. Good luck getting them to pony up cash.

My girlfriend's brother works salary. He hates it. Works about 55-60 hours a week, no extra compensation. He's only still with his company for the same reason I'm with mine; can't find anything better.

I'd rather just quit and draw unemployment while looking for something else. You can always make money, you can't make time.

Thumbs Up
    208 hrs in two weeks? That freaking slavery at that point. That's over a month's worth of hours.

Thumbs Up
    Del Monte sold our plant and it closed, new owners only wanted the equipment. Good news is we get 60 days paid and I had 6 job offers today.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,632
    Given: 0
    Good luck Tri70!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    I interviewed for an production assistant here locally at a fab shop. They really liked my experience with computers and manufacturing. They called back and want to offer the job but it just posted a few days ago and have to wait till Tuesday to make the offer. It will be the one to take if I get the offer, it will pay about $10K+ more. I have a buddy on the hiring panel at a Gates factory here too that can put me in there.
    Last edited by Tri70; 09-22-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    I interviewed for an production assistant here locally at a fab shop. They really liked my experience with computers and manufacturing. They called back and want to offer the job but it just posted a few days ago and have to wait till Tuesday to make the offer. It will be the one to take if I get the offer, it will pay about $10K+ more. I have a buddy on the hiring panel at a Gates factory here too that can put me in there.
    Sounds like you're doing pretty good.

Thumbs Up
    Welp, You know that moment of realization when you know you screwed up? That moment as it's happening, when it's already too late to stop it? Yep, I had that moment of realization as my truck door closed with my keys in the ignition... $50 later and it's open.

I'm going to have a spare made so I can give it to my roommate/best friend just in case this ever happens again.

Thumbs Up
    Did some shooting with my nephew and his Marine buddies, they are all gathered for his wedding this weekend. We are out at my brothers house for food and fun (shooting stuff)!! Several of the guys bring guns, one of their Sargents has a S&W 40 cal pistol and a 30-06 R.E.M. 787 bolt gun. I let them take turns shoot my Dessert Eagle 357, S&W 22A pistol, then the Sargent pulls out his 30-06 and shoots. He fires 4 shots and we go check the target on the 100 yd walk I found out that he has not fired the rifle till now and it's only bore sighted. He had 2 hits out of 4. I asked his what power his scope was and brand, he said it was a package deal. Showed him how to adjust the scope and focus. He was a little green on the whole rifle and scope setup but I help him get it sighted on for 100 yds shooting 165 gr R.E.M. Sp. We had a great great time, let them shoot my 243 and mini 14 and one of get shot 1/2 lb of tannerite!

IMG_3688.jpg IMG_3686.jpg
    Last edited by Tri70; 09-24-2017 at 10:57 AM.