Page 366 of 367 FirstFirst ... 356357358359360361362363364365366367 LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,320 of 7338

Thread: Random Thoughts

Regular in Sparta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,138
    Given: 38
    I have driven in several states, even from here to the left coast and back, and LA does have some really crappy drivers.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,897
    Given: 66
    Cutting people off is the state sport!
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Si vis pacem, para bellum texaswoodworker's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,808
    Given: 4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHorseCowboy View Post
    Cutting people off is the state sport!
    You'd think in a state with pretty strict highway patrol officers (saw several, most had someone pulled over), people would drive a little safer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is none so blind as he who will not see

Thumbs Up
    In other news, my belt sander almost caught fire. My almost, I mean the pile of pine sanding dust behind the belt had turned into glowing charcoal and the shop was filled with smoke. By the time I threw it outside and poured some water on it, it was smoking pretty good. I still have that smell stuck in my nose.

Thumbs Up
    Well did that ruin it or what?

Work related; I don't know how someone can come in to start their shift smelling like they just got out the shower... then by the end of their shift I want to cleanse the office and work truck with a flame thrower. A flammenwerfer. To werf the flammen.
    Good grief some folks just got the stank!
    It ain't even an actual body odor type stink. It's like a week without a shower type stink, less than ten hours after he takes a shower!
    Sick? Well, there's a certain odor to sick people, and that ain't what it smells like.
    I mean, Irish Spring and Tide Sport, then boom! Musty scrote and moldy pits.
    I. DON'T. UNDERSTAND.
    How can one person produce that kind of stench so quickly?
    It ain't racist to admit; to white folks, black folks have a different smell. Mostly due to a different body chemistry. And this is the only black man in my department. But I've worked with other black men day in and day out, hell, I've shared fox holes with some after months without a shower, and they didn't smell like this dude.
    The worst part is, it's obvious he really does pay attention to personal hygiene, so how the hell do you broach such a topic with him? And he's a great guy, shows up on time or early, does his job and does it well. Not quite the brightest bulb in the box, but more than intelligent enough to handle nightshift. He has a high school diploma and a certification in food prep/kitchen sanitation. Clear criminal record, 12 kids and 4 of them in college on scholarships...
    He needs the job and we need him. Hard to find good people these days.
    But it's like a Lynard Skynard song. Eeeewwww that smell....
    Don't ever think that because I'm peaceful, that I've forgotten how to be violent.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,932
    Given: 39,746
    Make a ref likes it's your body odor your having problems with, maybe he drinks too much.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Well did that ruin it or what?

Work related; I don't know how someone can come in to start their shift smelling like they just got out the shower... then by the end of their shift I want to cleanse the office and work truck with a flame thrower. A flammenwerfer. To werf the flammen.
    Good grief some folks just got the stank!
    It ain't even an actual body odor type stink. It's like a week without a shower type stink, less than ten hours after he takes a shower!
    Sick? Well, there's a certain odor to sick people, and that ain't what it smells like.
    I mean, Irish Spring and Tide Sport, then boom! Musty scrote and moldy pits.
    I. DON'T. UNDERSTAND.
    How can one person produce that kind of stench so quickly?
    It ain't racist to admit; to white folks, black folks have a different smell. Mostly due to a different body chemistry. And this is the only black man in my department. But I've worked with other black men day in and day out, hell, I've shared fox holes with some after months without a shower, and they didn't smell like this dude.
    The worst part is, it's obvious he really does pay attention to personal hygiene, so how the hell do you broach such a topic with him? And he's a great guy, shows up on time or early, does his job and does it well. Not quite the brightest bulb in the box, but more than intelligent enough to handle nightshift. He has a high school diploma and a certification in food prep/kitchen sanitation. Clear criminal record, 12 kids and 4 of them in college on scholarships...
    He needs the job and we need him. Hard to find good people these days.
    But it's like a Lynard Skynard song. Eeeewwww that smell....
    Turned a few inches of the belt back, but she still works. You would be amazed at what all I have used that thing for (some of it bordering on abuse), and it just keeps trucking along. It's just a cheap Ryobi, but the only thing I have ever had to fix on it was a drive belt. I've had it for close to a decade.

Your coworker might have a medical condition causing that. Even some medicines can cause it. Probably the best thing he could do is carry around a can of deodorant. He might smell like a teen who likes Axe a little too much, but at least it should cover up most of the stank.
    Last edited by texaswoodworker; 08-29-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Or have some wet wipes with antibacterial scent.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Find A Phone is your friend!

Sunday I was in Tulsa with my daughter's soccer team, our last game was late and it was hot and we were tired. I was carrying chairs and other items back to the truck and trying to get back home and relax for the evening before going back to work. In my haste a laid my phone down on the bumper while putting chairs in the back of the truck, it's my mom's truck she let us borrow and it has a bed cover I had to open. I forgot my phone on the bumper and drove off, we got to the east side of Tulsa and stopped and I noticed I did not have my phone and realized the last place I left it was on the bumper. We use my wife's phone to track back to mine since we are on the same plan, it was in the middle of the downtown interchange of hwy 75 and interstate 244. We double backed and I found a place to pull off the road and walk up the on ramp from 75 to 244, luckily there was little traffic at 8:30 pm. The phone was laying off the side of the road and didn't have much damage, slight crack in the screen cover. I got the eerie feeling seeing all the homeless hideaways under the over passes, blankets hung, boxes and trash, I jogged quickly back to the truck.

Thumbs Up
    I hit my boss. Three times. With my car. It was hilarious.

I stopped in at the office this morning to clock in, and since the truck stinks so bad I took my personal car to go get breakfast.
    The first time I was backing up, I wasn't really paying attention. I'd spoken to him inside the office and told him where I was going.
    Little did I know, for some damn dumbass reason, he went out the back door, decided he needed to tell me something, and approached my car from the rear right blind spot.

THUMP!
    What the hell was that? Put it in park and listened for a moment. Damn piece of shit Chrysler transmission...
    Reverse again.
    THUMPTHUD!
    Well now... that felt like I hit something.
    Park. Get out. Step off towards my rear driver's side quarter panel.
    Sure enough, the big circle drive is just as clear of obstructions as always. No power poles or trees sprouted up overnight.
    I couldn't see my boss because he was laying on the ground just past the rear right corner of the car.
    I get in. Reverse again.
    THUMPTHUMPSMACK!
    What the shit? There's something definitely wrong as hell here. Something's way the hell off. I start to very slow ease the car backwards...
    THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP
    (he was kicking my rear bumper)

I'm thinking, yep, shitty transmission.
    Then I hear him call out...
    "F***IN STAAAAAHP!!!"

Aw shit I done kilt somebody.

Threw it in park and ran to the rear of the car. He's flat on his back and scared to death, bout to piss himself. Thought I was going to run over him completely, and I was damn close to it. I just started laughing my ass off.

Hey, payback's a bitch. He DID run me over with the truck about a year and a half ago. Had me hanging on to the tailgate and bumper, screaming and kicking, trying to keep from being dragged completely under it. Broke my damn finger in the process.

He's suffering a couple bumps and that's it.

Thumbs Up
    LMAO!!!

Thumbs Up
    Whelp, finished my first week of classes. I'm taking

Analytical Chemistry (and lab)
    Organic Chemistry (and lab)
    Criminology
    and Criminal Law

It's going to be a hard semester, but fun too. The organic chem lab is going to be interesting. It's an upper level class, so they take off the kid gloves and we start using chemicals that are actually interesting. I'm really looking forward to the Criminal Law class. The professor is the definition of a bad ass. He was a major in the Texas Rangers, and has done everything from breaking up car theft rings to fighting the cartels in a very elite task force. He's also pretty laid back, and can make people actually THINK about things without telling you what to think. It was a little unnerving to hear what some of the class though of limiting some rights, but after some deep though into the subject, many of them began to see the light.

Thumbs Up
    Sounds like a cool set of courses.

Opinion question to all:
    If your coworker is out doing some light shopping (plastic worms, weights and more hooks at the bait store) and heavy window shopping (damn that's a nice boat), and when they get back to the office...
    And you ask them "Where you been? Watcha been doing? Whatcha got there?"
    And they say "Somewhere else. Minding my own business."
    Is that a hint, or an open invitation to continue questioning?
    And, for your instructors TWW, if that coworker sets the bag down and goes to take a piss, and you start digging through the bag, do you have a right to get mad when he comes in holding a yard stick like a samurai sword and slaps the ever loving shit out of your hands with the flat side?

It's no big secret. Hell, I just told the damn internet I've got worms. I'm just tired of folks being nosy as hell.

A New Face in Sparta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 0
    Sounds like a cool set of courses.

Opinion question to all:
    If your coworker is out doing some light shopping (plastic worms, weights and more hooks at the bait store) and heavy window shopping (damn that's a nice boat), and when they get back to the office...
    And you ask them "Where you been? Watcha been doing? Whatcha got there?"
    And they say "Somewhere else. Minding my own business."
    Is that a hint, or an open invitation to continue questioning?
    And, for your instructors TWW, if that coworker sets the bag down and goes to take a piss, and you start digging through the bag, do you have a right to get mad when he comes in holding a yard stick like a samurai sword and slaps the ever loving shit out of your hands with the flat side?

It's no big secret. Hell, I just told the damn internet I've got worms. I'm just tired of folks being nosy as hell.
    In my opinion that is a very polite way of saying none of your business go away I'm not in the mood to speak with morons at the moment. If I came back and found them rooting through my stuff I'd probably beat them with a pipe instead of the ruler. I hate nosey people who won't mind their own business.

Regular in Sparta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 729
    Given: 1,873
    Study hard for Organic Chemistry, that's the course that separates the scientists from the lab technicians. I took it OrgChem I and II as summer courses, worst summer I've ever had........

Thumbs Up
    More and more I'm considering walking off this ****ing job without having another one to go to.
    Every couple of weeks we're tasked with more duties that fall outside of our actual job, so that now we're at the point where we're doing more shit that's not our job, than the shit that IS our job. And when the subject of pay raises comes up, we're told "No, we're not paying you for that, it's not your job."
    So then we quit doing the shit that's not our mother****ing god damn job, and we're threatened with termination for not doing the shit we don't get paid for because it's not our job.

And they STILL manage to get away with putting us on the fire department's payroll for holidays, which ****s us out of any overtime we'd accumulate if we hit 40+ on or before the holiday. I don't know how the **** it's considered legal, but apparently it is. Let me say that again, WE ARE BEING PUT ON ANOTHER DEPARTMENT'S PAYROLL TO AVOID PAYING US OVERTIME ON HOLIDAYS. And that's on top of our department being required by state and federal law to have someone on duty 24/7. So on top of the ****ed up practice of putting us on someone else's payroll, the payroll paperwork actually shows my department being technically unstaffed on holidays.
    And they have the audacity to try and tell us they're doing us a favor, like we haven't researched the law?

And these mother****ers wonder why I'm so ****ing hateful.

Regular in Sparta
    Thumbs Up
    Hey SHC, my job has been sucking as well. Almost time for my yearly dove hunt, want to go shoot at some clays to vent some? Wildwings seems pretty reasonable. And I got a 'new' shotgun to try out.

Thumbs Up
    Get not your job duties in writing or email, if the put it in writing then they can swing!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred_G View Post
    Hey SHC, my job has been sucking as well. Almost time for my yearly dove hunt, want to go shoot at some clays to vent some? Wildwings seems pretty reasonable. And I got a 'new' shotgun to try out.
    Sold my shotgun to help the oldest boy out at school. It'd left it's corner I think 4 times the whole two years or so that I owned it. But, the youngest has been wanting to hit the range, we're planning on doing that this coming weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    Get not your job duties in writing or email, if the put it in writing then they can swing!
    Good idea, gonna try that.

I took a "f**k you" day today. Not a sick day, not personal, got mad and said "f**k you, I'm not coming in today".
    Going to the library and starting the job hunt again. Don't know how much luck I'll have. Last time I got pissed off and started looking, I put in over 200 applications and got ZERO responses.

Regular in Sparta
    Thumbs Up
    I got a Rem Wingmaster you can borrow...