Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dangerous Game Animals

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,565
    Given: 40,761
    I went hog hunting in TX several years ago a saw plenty of hogs 200+ lbs.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,430
    Given: 668
    My buddy in North Louisiana bagged this porker:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up
    Nice!! Hope I can bag one locally, maybe next week or two.
    If we could follow 1 Commandment, 'Love Each Other!', it would be enough! -Apostle Paul

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." —Thomas Jefferson (1807)

Thumbs Up
    Wolf hunting in Kazakhstan, on snowmobile, better make sure your buddy is a good shot!

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016...ing-at-hunter/

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 2,343
    Hope the shooter took an extra pair of drawers on the hunt

Thumbs Up
    New Boston, Ohio is reporting a big problem with coyotes!

The village of New Boston in southern Ohio is getting some unwanted visitors, and local officials say that pets are no longer safe on the streets after a group of coyotes moved into the area. The situation has grown to the point where village administrator Steve Hamilton told reporters that it was no longer simply a nuisance, but a danger.“Usually I get called out on dogs running wild and things like that,” Hamilton told the Portsmouth Daily Times. “I’ve had a couple over here that I’m taking care of on Ohio Avenue, but we’ve got coyotes that are coming over from the river and I’m taking care of that right now. I’ve got some people trapping.”
    The coyotes are believed to have migrated from across the Ohio River and into local neighborhoods, where residents report attacks on cats and dogs. Scioto County, where New Boston is located, has one of the lowest coyote populations in the state. Bordering counties are a different story.
    Coyotes are not native to Ohio, but the canine’s numbers have been growing steadily in the state over the past hundred years. According to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, coyotes can now be found in most of the state’s 88 counties and the population peaked in 2010. Whereas most wild animals will move away from human development, coyotes have instead embraced urban expansion and adapted to it. This could mean bad news for the residents of New Boston, who are now attempting to cull the predators with hunting and trapping.
    “I’ve seen plenty of them, they are after our cats and dogs. That’s why we don’t have any rabbits anymore, they’ve eaten them all,” John Tewalt, who lives in a local apartment complex, told WOWK.
    Coyotes are primarily a danger to small animals but have been known to attack larger prey as well. Predatory attacks from coyotes have been documented on children and adults, and the canines are more than capable of bringing down an adult deer or sheep. Earlier this month a herd of sheep in Massachusetts cunningly escaped becoming dinner by lying down in the middle of a road, but WCVB reports that those same sheep eventually fell prey to a group of coyotes just days later. While coyotes are not the strongest or largest of predators, they can be persistent.
    New Boston officials warn residents to keep a close eye on pets and children while any injured or captured coyotes can be taken to the local animal shelter, where they will be euthanized.

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2014...te-population/

Thumbs Up
    Make sure your wolf is dead! This one was sitting still looking dead until it jumped up and attacked one of the hunters!

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2018...-thought-dead/

Thumbs Up
    A coyote in NC attacks car, was later put down by authorities and tested positive for rabies.

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2018...g-familys-car/

Thumbs Up
    On the west coast a cougar tries to break a glass door to get to family pet dog!

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2018...milys-pet-dog/

Thumbs Up
    This guy is lucky to be alive!

A British Columbia man recorded an hour long encounter with a cougar stalking him while he was out shed hunting.
    UPI reports Adam Bartsch’s video was posted to YouTube, and because of it’s sheer intensity, gained over 300K views in a little less than a week. The video shows the chilling moment Adam realized he was being watched, and you can almost feel the cougar’s eyes on you through the video.
    “So I just found a shed antler, and there’s a monster, monster tom at 20 meters (65 feet) looking at me, Batsch can be heard saying in the video. And no, I don’t have a gun. I have nothing. And he is huge.”

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2018...stalking-hour/

Spartan Elite
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 2,343
    He probably won't shed hunt without a firearm in the future.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,910
    Given: 756
    Jesse Watters is a Metrosexual. What an asshat. He would crap his pants in the real world.
    Last edited by jpattersonnh; 03-13-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
    Jesse Watters is a Metrosexual. What an asshat. He would crap his pants in the real world.
    ????

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    ????
    https://youtu.be/tOgJW5HUJAc

Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
    Yes, don’t be like him! He wouldn’t make it thru a show of Duck Dynasty!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri70 View Post
    Yes, don’t be like him! He wouldn’t make it thru a show of Duck Dynasty!
    Unless he was having tea with the women folk. Bet any of them could take him.

Thumbs Up
    Too many python’s in Florida, get paid to kill snakes! If Gator will put us for a couple nights, we will have a road trip hunt!

Want to kill a big snake — and get paid to do it? Well, this could be your chance. Everglades National Park is reportedlyopening its borders to “paid hunters” in hopes they will put a serious dent in the population of invasive Burmese pythons which has devastated many native populations in the park. That is to say, the state of Florida will pay hunters to take these snakes.

Faced with an unrelenting spread of invasive Burmese pythons that have mostly wiped out marsh rabbits, bobcats and other small mammals, Everglades National Park is doing something for the first time in its 70-year history: opening park borders to paid hunters.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/06/04...-kill-pythons/

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16,041
    Given: 24,624
    with the way they breed I can't for the life of me see why gators and snakes are protected species
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Dog's STAG Arms AR15 build
    Dog's AR458SOCOM build

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,430
    Given: 668
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    with the way they breed I can't for the life of me see why gators and snakes are protected species
    When I was a young 'un growing up in FL, gators were classified as an endangered species. Now they are just regulated like deer, turkey, etc.

No gators where I live now.
    Last edited by Gator; 06-06-2018 at 03:07 PM.