PDA

View Full Version : Plans for the weekend, hunting and shooting!

Tri70
04-19-2013, 04:42 PM
I have one kid that will spend the night with his buddy and go to the Arkansas Razorback red/white scrimage. My older daughter and wife will be getting ready for prom. My younger daughter is going to Conway for a travel soccer game, I have to get up a 6am for her so I figured I could get 1 more weekend hunt in and do some shooting!
My nephew is coming in from the Marines and bringing a buddy, we plan on shooting some tannerite targets, gotta make my guns are sighted in.

How about the rest of you? Plans to shoot a favorite this weekend?

Fireguy
04-19-2013, 05:33 PM
I got to do some shooting last weekend. A buddy teaches concealed carry classes and asked me to help out when he took them to the range for qualifying shooting. I made sure that nobody loaded a magazine into a pistol or played with their triggers until they were on the line. Afterwards we had some fun poking holes in paper.

This weekend I'm making a long road trip to pick up half a hog I ordered a while back. It is 100 miles away, but their bacon and ham are outstanding. BACON!!!!!

DanTheMan
04-19-2013, 11:30 PM
I can't find ammo anywhere. My local gun store is still offering to buy unopened boxes of ammo from me. Other things I'm doing this weekend.... working :(

Dog
04-20-2013, 12:11 AM
no grand plans here ... gotta work at the yard this weekend loading a truck

Yay me! :(

Davy
04-20-2013, 03:41 AM
Drove 150 miles in my little classic car to my holiday home in Hereford. Am just chillin.

Tri70
04-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Shooting with my nephew and his buddy from the Marines this weekend. Firing up the smoker and getting out some deer and hog meat. My brother has 11 lbs of tannerite to blow up.

Davy
04-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Shooting with my nephew and his buddy from the Marines this weekend. Firing up the smoker and getting out some deer and hog meat. My brother has 11 lbs of tannerite to blow up.

Now that sounds like a fun weekend.

Tri70
04-28-2013, 12:46 AM
We had a great time today with my family. We ate a great feast of smoke meats and sides. We had a great time with my nephew and his buddy from the Marines blasting tannerite charges from small pill bottles to 1/2 lb and 1 lb charges.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=S65XhECPtNc

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=RDIsLmq39_c

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=pMLcORBPWYo

Lady Glass
04-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Sounds like you had a great time

Tri70
04-28-2013, 12:51 PM
We had ball! My brother never sights his 308 at 100 yds but does all his shooting at 100. When his son comes home for a visit he can't hit small jars with the 308 and I get to pick on him a little. :cool: I sight my guns to 100 yds for fun shooting with the family. He was able to hit the targets with my mini 14!:cool:

vincent
06-05-2013, 09:23 AM
I say we keep this thread alive...

Weekend plans...well, it's only Wednesday but I've got it booked already...

Today I start on a stone job, as soon as the stone arrives, hopefully to finish by tomorrow afternoon...

Tomorrow after work is band practice. Paint peeling riffs, face melting solos and earth shattering drum beats...(Fact is we really do suck but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it:p)

Friday we hit the range. The required handgun training, just to stay sharp, then hit the skeet hard. We've been through nearly a pallet of clays this year, good thing they're cheap!

After that it's beer and horseshoes followed by a pork rib dinner...then more beer :cool:

Saturday heading up to Lake Gaston for some catfish noodling and bass fishing...and more beer...

Sunday I'll probably just lay low and recover, maybe make some wisecracks on MLF, re-hydrate...with beer...:p walk the dog, have leftover ribs and crash early...

What else is going on in New Sparta this weekend? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Tri70
06-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Always plan for shooting....unless something stupid comes up like yard work or something needs fixed. :p. I need to test some 50 sp in 223 to see how they shoot in my bolt and mini 14. The kids like blasting pop bottles with water.

Fireguy
06-05-2013, 11:57 AM
We're going to KC to see my oldest son Saturday and take him out to a ballgame on Sunday. I'm ready.

Tri70
06-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Good weekend so far, did a little reloading, then some shooting with the kids. Their favorite targets are blasting water bottles, they nailed them all on the 1st shot! Got cleaned up and played in a dodge ball tournament to raise money for the volleyball team, lots of fun with 5 teams of 7-10 players! Time to relax and may watch another movie. My wife was impressed with my shooty killy selection. I may have to sit thru a chick flick. ;)

Dodge ball action shot, I'm in the white T shirt.

Tri70
06-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Setting up fireworks stand Saturday and Sunday went to get tables. A small tree fell in front of the barn were the tables are. I was able to beat part of it with my sledge hammer and needed to break 1 more section to move out of the way and get tables. I pounded the branch with the sledge hammer and it was springing the blows. My redneck gene kicked in, I went to the truck and grabbed a pistol, loaded 5-6 rds. Unleashed some frustration into the stubborn log 155 gr fp out of my Hi-Point 40 S&W. I need to incorporate more of this type exercise into the summer work weekends!