PDA

View Full Version : Finally Found .22lr

Female and Armed
02-05-2015, 09:31 PM
www.LuckyGunner.com had .22lr in stock!

Tri70
02-05-2015, 10:05 PM
Usually I can find it, but I won't pay $40+ for a brick of 325.

hawkguy
02-06-2015, 02:41 PM
apologies, deleted post

vincent
02-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Funny what it's like in different parts of the country...

The .22 has pretty much come back around here, although at a slightly higher price than what it was. Price of doing business and the law of supply and demand I suppose, but it's fairly reasonable...

The ONLY thing I can't find, (which happens to be the stuff I love) is the Federal 550's. Everything and anything else for the most part is just sitting there waiting to be had...

hawkguy
02-06-2015, 03:25 PM
Funny what it's like in different parts of the country...

The .22 has pretty much come back around here, although at a slightly higher price than what it was. Price of doing business and the law of supply and demand I suppose, but it's fairly reasonable...

The ONLY thing I can't find, (which happens to be the stuff I love) is the Federal 550's. Everything and anything else for the most part is just sitting there waiting to be had...

deleted

vincent
02-06-2015, 03:56 PM
good for you! i say stock up, bro! it has been mixed here, having come and gone here over the last 2 years. at a few brief points, you could walk into a store and buy a brick during normal business hours on the weekend...then, for months at a time....completely gone. right now we are in drought, i haven't seen anything other than overpriced 50 round boxes for about 2 months now. and the sad part is, virtually every store has had 1-3 box limits for years now.

if i see anything 100+ rounds, i buy it if i recognize the ammo manufacturer name....

I guess I just got lucky the way I used to buy ammo, before I started buying in bulk...

For .22's and shotgun I'd hit the LGS the day before a range trip, buy two boxes, one for now, one for later, repeat and repeat. It was cheap enough then so why not?

Stuff just piled up after a while so I never got to the point of running low, like I said, got lucky. Never saw this coming...

Good thing now is that while my favorite stuff is still practically non-existent, I still have plenty left, and, I'm buying stuff that I never would have before, just to try out. Aguila, Blazer, all the different flavors of Federal, Winchester and Remington in different velocities and grains...

To me, it's fascinating to see how different ammo performs in the same rifle...

hawkguy
02-08-2015, 10:18 AM
APOLOGIES,DELETED

I guess I just got lucky the way I used to buy ammo, before I started buying in bulk...

For .22's and shotgun I'd hit the LGS the day before a range trip, buy two boxes, one for now, one for later, repeat and repeat. It was cheap enough then so why not?

Stuff just piled up after a while so I never got to the point of running low, like I said, got lucky. Never saw this coming...

Good thing now is that while my favorite stuff is still practically non-existent, I still have plenty left, and, I'm buying stuff that I never would have before, just to try out. Aguila, Blazer, all the different flavors of Federal, Winchester and Remington in different velocities and grains...

To me, it's fascinating to see how different ammo performs in the same rifle...

Tri70
02-08-2015, 10:46 AM
i'm no so lucky this weekend. :(

i went to 2 stores and one had a few aguila 50 round boxes and the other had nada. my friend in houston just bragged about the bulk boxes sitting out at academy the last time he was there....and the fool walked away from them....:eek: it was looking that way around here a few months back, then "poof!" it was all gone again.

meh...i got plenty, but that doesn't keep me from looking. last 2 years, i NEVER pass on a brick if i see it (at a fair price)....of course, i only see them every few months.

You need to take him camping and explain your needs!;)

1moretoy
02-08-2015, 03:18 PM
I have enough stocked up now but when I was looking, I bought from locals off Armslist cause the stores were bare. Wouldn't pay more than .07 per round. Those idiots selling for upwards of .15 each were told they could shove it.