PDA

View Full Version : Why am I resistant to scoping the 10/22?

ModernRifle
01-24-2014, 01:48 PM
I think it's because I picked the take down to be light and trim.

Perhaps I should build one from a Kidd receiver and go the bull barrel, accurate non-Ruger build.

The iron sites are on the barrel, so I am happy with the return to zero on the stock sights.

Anyone have experience with a scope on the takedown and have return to center experience?

The Galician
01-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Greetings,

I am totally with you on that... it is a .22 cal. I have the take down as well and just don't see me putting glass on it.

S/
K

TangoDown
01-24-2014, 02:09 PM
The most I would go with would be on of the small Burris fast fires or the bushnell one. small light weight and will hold enough accuracy for a 10/22 takedown.

NitroxAZ
01-25-2014, 08:48 AM
I am odd man out. I have a ProStaff 3x9x40 on mine. It was laying around and looking lonely so I threw it on.

Grumpy Old Man
01-25-2014, 09:00 AM
I am odd man out. I have a ProStaff 3x9x40 on mine. It was laying around and looking lonely so I threw it on.

Got the same glass on one of mine, too!

Best,
Grumpy

Dog
01-25-2014, 10:59 AM
I'm stuck putting glass on mine

a couple of Christmas' ago the gf bought me one ... the iron sights are skewed ... not even remotely close to hitting paper at 50yds :p

NitroxAZ
01-25-2014, 11:04 AM

a couple of Christmas' ago the gf bought me one ... the iron sights are skewed ... not even remotely close to hitting paper at 50yds :p

Was it new? Wierd.

Grumpy Old Man
01-25-2014, 11:08 AM

Hi Dog;

If you really want irons, have you looked into the Tech-Sights package for the 10/22? You can find it here (http://www.tech-sights.com/). If not for the .22LR shortage and a series of pay cuts at work ('13 was bad, '14 will be worse, '15 = nightmare) I'd have already bought another 10/22 to be an iron sight trainer and fitted it with those irons instead of the factory ones. No point right now, can't get the ammo locally. Just saving for a better air rifle now.

That said, I've got Tech-Sights on my mini 14's and love 'em dearly. Great package, well made. Front sight on the 10/22 looks like it could be a little tricky. Only taken a couple of factory blades off, one was moderately tight and the other one was damn' near welded in place.

Good luck and all the best,
Grumpy

Dog
01-25-2014, 12:07 PM
Was it new? Wierd.

brand new, right out of the box :p

Hi Dog;

If you really want irons, have you looked into the Tech-Sights package for the 10/22? You can find it here (http://www.tech-sights.com/). If not for the .22LR shortage and a series of pay cuts at work ('13 was bad, '14 will be worse, '15 = nightmare) I'd have already bought another 10/22 to be an iron sight trainer and fitted it with those irons instead of the factory ones. No point right now, can't get the ammo locally. Just saving for a better air rifle now.

That said, I've got Tech-Sights on my mini 14's and love 'em dearly. Great package, well made. Front sight on the 10/22 looks like it could be a little tricky. Only taken a couple of factory blades off, one was moderately tight and the other one was damn' near welded in place.

Good luck and all the best,
Grumpy

not really, wasn't even too keen on getting this one. I was actually looking at building my own customized .22 when the gf insisted on getting me something big for Christmas. A rimfire was about all that I could think of at the time :p

Butters
01-25-2014, 02:09 PM
So I skipped the entry gun and just put glass on my 30-06 :p

For the life of me I can't shoot irons well on a longer rifle. I just have bad eyes, that and I don't shoot them as much.
Put 2 and 2 together and you have one missed bullseye.

The Galician
01-25-2014, 07:54 PM
So I skipped the entry gun and just put glass on my 30-06 :p

For the life of me I can't shoot irons well on a longer rifle. I just have bad eyes, that and I don't shoot them as much.
Put 2 and 2 together and you have one missed bullseye.

If you are right handed... maybe you are left eye dominant.

Test it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e2jGixAhCA

S/
K

The Galician
01-25-2014, 07:56 PM
If so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cNh02Py74g

S/
K